About Maybelle Center:
Maybelle Center for Community, formerly Macdonald Center, believes in the inherent worth and dignity of every person; and that no one deserves to live in isolation. Our programs build relationships and community with the people we serve and whom we refer to as members. This happens through our visitation program, support services, our assisted living facility, our affordable-housing apartments, and our education and spiritual support programs. To learn more, please visit www.maybellecenter.org.
Maybelle Center strives to be a diverse, equitable and inclusive community, where power and resources are shared and distributed in an equitable and inclusive way. To achieve that, the Center is committed to seeking out inequities within the Center and correcting them wherever they are found.
Maybelle Center is about building relationships with and community for people living in isolation, whom we refer to as our members.
The position is responsible for developing and managing all of our volunteer resources, which are a key part of the delivery of the Center’s programs and services. It may require working on Saturdays. A primary focus will be on growing and diversifying the volunteer pool, directly managing volunteers and providing guidance, support, resources, and tools to staff who supervise volunteers.
The Volunteer Coordinator will also develop and implement strategic goals and objectives for the Volunteer Program which reflects the mission of the organization. This is a full-time, hourly position.
- Recruit, interview, and train new volunteers.
- Develop innovative volunteer recruitment strategies for new volunteers and replacing retired volunteers.
- Host and attend recruiting events within the community to attract qualified volunteer candidates.
- Partner with the Spiritual Support Coordinator for outreach to faith communities in the area.
- Coordinate with the development and communication staff on marketing volunteer opportunities internally and externally.
- Work closely with the Member Outreach Manager on matching visiting volunteers with members in the Visitation Program.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other volunteer organizations in the area.
- Develop, promote, and maintain a wide range of volunteer opportunities within the organization.
- Survey staff regularly to assess needs for volunteer assistance.
- Develop and maintain Volunteer Service Descriptions for each volunteer assignment.
- Develop and conduct volunteer orientations and trainings.
- Schedule all one-time individual and group activities as well as ongoing engagements.
- Develop and manage volunteer policies, procedures, and standards of volunteer service.
- Evaluate all aspects of the volunteer program; recommend and/or implement changes to ensure effectiveness.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures; maintain strict confidentiality and professional boundaries.
- Maintain accurate records and data of volunteer activities and provide timely statistical and activity reports on volunteer participation.
Volunteer Support and Supervision
- Provide ongoing support and guidance for volunteers.
- Act as a single point of contact for all volunteer communications.
- Confer with volunteers to resolve conflict, should it occur, and promote cooperation and interest.
- Ensure safety of all volunteers through training and monitoring.
- Promote good communication and collaboration between staff and volunteers.
- In collaboration with the development and communications team, develop recruitment or promotional materials including monthly volunteer newsletters, flyers, and other materials.
- Distribute up-to-date information and announcements to volunteers.
- Work proactively with staff to provide accurate information, feedback and assistance to volunteers.
- In collaboration with the Member and Outreach Manager, identify, organize and drive community outreach and social engagement opportunities for Center-wide member events such as annual picnics and holiday events.
- In collaboration with Development and Communications team, coordinate volunteers for the annual fundraiser auction. Maintain schedule of community outreach opportunities.
- Develop and oversee volunteer program budget.
- Work closely with Center staff to maximize volunteer engagement in Center activities.
- Coordinate positive volunteer engagements for donors.
- Collaborate with Macdonald Residence staff to determine volunteer needs at the Residence.
- Serve on the Center’s Activities Committee, which plans all Center activities for members.
- Work with program and development staff to promote positive relationships between volunteers, members, and the Center.
Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or a related field or equivalent education. Training and/or experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skill, and ability to perform the functions of the position can be substituted.
- Bilingual Spanish highly desired, but not required.
- Direct experience developing, overseeing, and managing volunteer programs is required.
- Prior experience developing and executing a program growth plan.
- Motivated by a desire to address problems of social justice, urban poverty, and community health.
- Familiarity with racial equity as it relates to volunteers and social change.
- Ability to establish and maintain person-centered, relationship-based interactions with Maybelle Center members (clients), volunteers, and staff.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm and composed in stressful situations.
- Superb judgment and courtesy when working with the public.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Volgistics or similar volunteer data management programs.
- Must be self-directed, able to work both independently and in a team, and to take direction when given.
- Excellent attention to details and highly organized.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- Sufficient mobility to run errands and to get to local businesses.
- Ability to pass background check.
Compensation and Benefits:
Pay Range: $19.00 – $21.50 per hour; fully paid medical, dental and vision insurance for employee; flexible spending account; employer matching contribution to Simple IRA retirement fund; employer paid life and disability insurance; vacation, sick leave and holidays; parking or bus pass paid.
How to apply:
Please email resume, cover letter and three professional references to gro.retnecellebyamnull@sboj”>gro.retnecellebyamnull@sboj. Review of applications will begin immediately; resumes accepted until position is filled.
Maybelle Center is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com