Deadline to apply: October 29, 2019
Salary: $15.00 hourly
This internship opportunity would be of special interest for people who are either completing their undergraduate education or recent graduates from a college or university. Metro encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds in order to foster a community of diversity, unique life experiences and points of view.
We are seeking interns who are eager to learn more about regional government, public administration or management, operations, business, political science, communications, community outreach, land use or transportation planning, sustainable development, economic development and/or regional equity. We are offering two opportunities to join our team.
The Council Office Support Interns will provide operational and administrative support to Metro’s Council Office staff and the Office of the COO. They will have the opportunity to learn more about public policy outcomes and support our regionally elected Council. In addition, the interns will have the opportunity to experience a fast-paced and dynamic political environment while learning office processes and providing excellent customer service.
Goals of the Internship:
- Experience in gaining more administrative and operational skills.
- Collaborate and build networking relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including regional leaders and elected officials.
- More opportunities may be provided; based on the skills and desires shown of the intern.
These positions are available beginning in December for 20 – 30 hours per week. These positions may require some evenings and are scheduled to last one year from hire date.
At Metro, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
- High School GED or Diploma
- 1-2 years of office type or customer service experience or any other combination of education and experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties and responsibilities of this internship.
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center.
1) Answers to the supplemental questions 2) Attach your resume 3) Attach a cover letter describing your qualifications as they relate to the duties of this position. Your application will not be considered without all three pieces.
Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs →