Founded in 1979, Montessori Northwest prepares adults to inspire the development of the whole child. We’re passionate about education and seek nimble, qualified candidates with a positive, forward-looking attitude to support staff, faculty and students. We’re hiring a full time assistant whose role encompasses administration, communications, and hospitality.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, and listening.
Works effectively and efficiently, both independently and as part of a team, providing professional administrative support, as well as establishes and maintains harmonious relations.
- Demonstrates patience, integrity, and the ability to exercise sound judgment and diplomacy.
- Confident and willing to deal with problems and wide-ranging responsibilities. Comfortable with work ranging from routine to varied; some decisions require drawing from knowledge and past experience to resolve issues not clearly defined by policy & procedures.
- Exhibits a strong work ethic and initiative, seeking opportunities to learn and improve.
- Highly organized and accurate; attentive to details (physical, virtual, and temporally).
- Safeguards confidential information.
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience and proficiency with office software, email applications, and cloud services.
- Experience coordinating arrangements for events.
- Creative and strategic thinker who can create a wide variety of original content for multiple media.
- Writer and creator of original content for a wide variety of external collateral, including brochures, newsletters, letters, web content, presentations, video scripts, etcetera, designed to serve key audiences.
- Management of marketing and communications initiatives, including identifying and pitching ideas, and responding to current events, news, and inquiries.
- Ongoing professional development including reviewing a broad spectrum of media related to higher education to identify trends and inform decisions.
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., plus evening and weekend events
Compensation and Benefits
Decisions about starting salaries are made based on the extent and relatedness of the candidate’s education and experience.
- Cover letter expressing interest and addressing the qualifications and presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve emphasis.
- Current Resume.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.