Portland State University’s National Policy Consensus Center (NPCC) is hiring an operations manager. NPCC is a leader nationally and in Oregon, providing the knowledge, skills, and approaches needed for communities, leaders, and organizations from all sectors to address challenges together. Our mission is to advance the use of collaborative governance approaches in resolving public issues through a combination of cutting edge theory and innovative practice. We provide services to help communities implement community-based solutions; training in collaborative decision making through university courses and customized professional workshops; and research and publications to inform the field of collaborative governance.
The operations manager supervises the NPCC operations team in matters related to human resources, contracts, NPCC’s $3 million budget, equity initiatives, and project and program support. The position develops and monitors project operating budgets, consults with project managers regarding project deliverables; and provides business management direction that furthers NPCC’s financial sustainability and operational effectiveness. The position oversees employee recruitment, selection, and retention, and provides human resource guidance to NPCC managers. The operations manager builds strong relationships with PSU business system leaders to ensure NPCC practices comply with PSU requirements. The operations manager is part of the center’s leadership team, which collaboratively guides NPCC programs, including Oregon Consensus, Oregon Solutions, Oregon’s Kitchen Table, NPCC’s academic and training programs and NPCC’s research efforts.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and five years of related experience
· Leadership abilities, strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and the ability to establish effective working relationships with people from diverse backgrounds
· An understanding of administrative processes, regulations, and bureaucracies
· Ability to be a self-starter, who is comfortable taking initiative, handling responsibilities and able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
· Experience with managing fiscal operations, budget development, project management, and effective decision-making
· Experience supervising, mentoring, and/or training staff and private contractors
· Analytical skills with both quantitative and qualitative data
· Successful completion of a background check
· Master’s degree from an accredited college or university and seven years of related experience
· Understanding of PSU contracting and human resource policies and procedures
· Experience applying and advancing diversity, equity and inclusion in organizational operations and practices
· Knowledge and experience in public policy collaboration and/or conflict resolution
· Knowledge of business and nonprofit needs and resources
· Ability to forecast for budgeting purposes, and provide reports on expenses vs. estimates
· Ability to communicate on a contracting level with public, private, and nonprofit resources
· Experience and knowledge of public higher education issues and administrative procedures and practices
· Highly creative, energetic, and goal-oriented. Demonstrated process improvement experience.
Compensation and Benefits
The starting annual salary rate is $65,000−$75,000, depending on qualifications and experience. PSU provides an excellent benefits package, including 95 percent premium paid healthcare, a generous retirement and vacation package, and reduced tuition at Oregon public universities for an employee, spouse, domestic partner, or dependent.
How to apply
For more information, including a full position description and list of qualifications, and to apply, go to http://jobs.hrc.pdx.edu/postings/26257
Applications will be accepted starting Friday April 13, 2018 and the position will be open until finalists are identified.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://jobs.hrc.pdx.edu/postings/26257 →