Portland State University’s National Policy Consensus Center (NPCC) is hiring a director for its flagship program, Oregon Solutions (OS). OS brings together cross-sector collaborative groups to help communities across Oregon leverage and align resources needed to implement public solutions. Projects are designated by the Governor, led by public conveners, such as elected officials, and designed, managed, and facilitated by OS staff. OS uses a consensus-based decision model to help collaborators agree on and formalize their financial and in-kind commitments to implement identified solutions. Since its inception in 2002, OS has completed over 100 projects, involving hundreds of participants, and leveraging millions of dollars in community project support. Projects have ranged from replacing a flood-ravaged school to securing commitments to large-scale collaborative forest management.
The OS director plays a critical role in surfacing local community needs, generating potential projects, and networking with public leaders who drive change. The director provides overall program leadership and management as well as project management services with duties that include oversight of all OS projects management of the program budget, and supervision of staff and contractors. The director also is part of the center’s leadership team, which collaboratively guides NPCC programs, including Oregon Consensus, Oregon Solutions, Oregon’s Kitchen Table, NPCC’s academic and training programs, and research efforts. The position entails considerable travel, primarily within Oregon.
Minimum qualifications include a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, an increasing level of administrative or managerial responsibility involving planning, organization, or implementation, and experience supervising staff and their work products. The selected candidate must have a valid driver’s license and successfully complete a background check.
Competitive candidates will also have the following:
- a record of success in building partnerships and collaborations with a wide variety of communities and constituencies
- extensive experience applying one or more collaborative governance approaches, including public engagement, project implementation, dispute resolution and agreement-seeking, intergovernmental collaboration, and policy development
- experience working with people from all levels of government
- demonstrated understanding of the legislative process
- a history of tackling big projects with positive results
- a wide network of connections, especially in Oregon
- strong interpersonal and communication skills
- a team approach to management
- skill in promoting diversity and bringing an equity focus to NPCC’s work
Compensation and Benefits
The starting annual salary rate is $95,000−$98,000, depending on qualifications and experience. PSU provides an excellent benefits package, including 95 percent premium paid healthcare, a generous retirement and vacation package, and reduced tuition at Oregon public universities for an employee, spouse, domestic partner, or dependent.
How to apply
Apply at http://jobs.hrc.pdx.edu/postings/24830
The deadline for applying is Friday December 1, 2017.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.hrc.pdx.edu/postings/25041 →