North by Northeast Community Health Center is the only medical clinic in Oregon focused on African American health and exists to improve health outcomes and advance health equity by offering primary care services focused on chronic health conditions affecting the local African American community. At all levels of our organization, we strive to reflect the diversity of the community we serve.
Since our founding in 2006, North by Northeast Community Health Center’s fundraising has been overseen and implemented by our Executive Director and Medical Director, with support from various other staff members. Over the past three years our budget has almost doubled, from $360,000 in 2013 to our current 2017 budget of $710,000. As we continue to grow, we need an experienced development staff person to work with our Executive Director to help shape and carry out our donor retention and growth strategies. The Development Coordinator will also be responsible for administrative tasks related to development, including donor database data entry and preparation of donor correspondence; creation of donor-related content for newsletters, website, social media and e-news; and support around established individual donor activities like newsletter appeals, an annual fundraising event and our year-end giving campaign. North by Northeast has established a strong foundation in fundraising, and we are ready to add an amazing individual to our family to work with us to build on that foundation. The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong connection to our community, great attention to detail, an ability to learn new tasks quickly, and experience in a fundraising position in the nonprofit sector.
· This is a permanent, part-time, non-exempt position, working 20 – 24 hours per week, with occasional weekends and evenings. We believe in work-life balance and are committed to keeping the workload and hours expectation in alignment.
· Salary: $18-$22 per hour depending on experience
o Medical insurance (HMO) with 100% of employee premium paid and 50% of spouse/dependent premium paid
o Dental insurance with 100% of employee premium paid
o Simple IRA with employer match
o Employee Assistance Plan
o Eight paid holidays
o Paid time off (accrued monthly and starting at 68 hours in year one)
· Please email PDFs of your resume and cover letter to Suzy Jeffreys, Executive Director, at gro.cinilcenxnnull@syerffejs, with “Development Coordinator” as the subject of your email.
· In your cover letter, please address why you want to work at North by Northeast and how you are connected to our community.
· We will consider applications as they are received and schedule interviews on an ongoing basis. If you are invited for an interview, we may ask for work samples, e.g. a writing sample, documentation of a fundraising activity you planned, or other relevant materials.
· We would like to have the position filled by Labor Day weekend.
· No phone calls, other emails or in-person visits please.
· Process incoming donations (cash/check, online, goods and in-kind), enter information into donor database, and prepare weekly and monthly reports
· Prepare fundraising correspondence, including thank you letters, tax receipts & donation acknowledgements
· Work with Executive Director to develop strategies and carry out activities to increase giving in the following areas specific to individual donors: recurring donations, workplace giving, major gifts and planned giving
· Work with Executive Director and Community Care Director to develop strategy and carry out activities to increase giving from faith communities and churches
· Assist with coordinating logistics and serve on planning committee for annual fundraising event
· Assist with developing content for quarterly newsletter appeals, and manage quarterly newsletter mailing logistics
· Assist with developing content for, planning and carrying out year-end fundraising campaign
· Other duties as assigned
· Commitment to our mission and culturally-specific focus
· At least two years of experience in a fundraising position in the nonprofit sector
· Experience working with communities of color and an understanding of the issues of equity and institutionalized racism
· Strong organizational skills, with ability to prioritize, work on multiple tasks and meet deadlines
· Positive attitude and desire to work collaboratively
· Responsiveness to direction and feedback
· Great attention to detail
· Ability to learn new tasks quickly
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Solid computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and database software, and ability to pick up new technology and/or software skills quickly
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear, and be able to operate a personal computer, printer, telephone, copier and fax machine.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com