Do you have a passion for contributing your skills to support non-profit work developing affordable housing and ending homelessness? Do you have a commitment to community development and social justice?
Northwest Housing Alternatives (NHA) seeks a multi-talented individual for the role of Payroll and General Ledger Accountant. This person will have a wide variety of accounting and payroll duties, and will join an existing Finance staff of four and an organizational staff of 40. This position will also provide backup for accounts receivable and accounts payable.
This is a 30-40 hour/week non-exempt position. Starting salary range for this position is $45,000 to $55,000 depending on experience.
Please submit a cover letter, résumé, references and salary requirements at the NHA Jobs Portal. This position will remain open until the right candidate is found.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position include:
- 3+ years accounting experience in general ledger
- 3+ years payroll processing experience
- Strong knowledge of general accounting principles and practices (GAAP)
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment and wage & hour laws
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties independently
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be able to work collaboratively and to manage a high degree of complexity
- Highest personal and professional integrity, including ability to successfully pass a criminal background check
- Ability to work using extensive keyboarding, monitor viewing, and other close work
Preferred skills and knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Payroll processing experience with a staff of at least 30
- Working knowledge of accounting software (Sage100, BizInsights) and Microsoft Office suite
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Education or experience in non-profit accounting
- Working knowledge of paperless office systems
About Northwest Housing Alternatives
For over 35 years, Northwest Housing Alternatives (NHA) has been a leading not-for-profit developer of affordable housing in Oregon. Our mission is to create opportunity through housing by developing, building, and managing rental housing designed for Oregonians with extremely limited incomes. These homes help families live healthy and stable lives, allow older adults to age in place, and give people with special needs a dignified residence. Along with providing affordable housing, NHA provides services that connect tenants to critical health and community resources, work to prevent homelessness before it begins, and offer emergency shelter and services for families experiencing homelessness.
NHA is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive environment and is actively seeking to recruit a diverse applicant pool. We strive to hire a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens everything we do. NHA offers a great work environment having been awarded “100 Best Nonprofits to work for in Oregon” again in 2019. This is a great opportunity to work with a team of dedicated and passionate coworkers.
NHA provides a full range of benefits including, but not limited to, the following:
- Excellent health coverage as well as Alternative Care, Dental, and Vision. NHA contributes 100% of the cost of coverage for the employee plus an additional $250/month if the employee adds dependents
- 7% match after the first year of employment for our
- 403(b) plan with immediate vesting
- Generous vacation and sick leave
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://nwhousing.sutihr.com/jobs →