Northwest Housing Alternatives is hiring a Resident Services Coordinator to join a supportive and collaborative team working to link affordable housing residents with services and resources. NHA provides affordable housing options for seniors, families, and individuals with disabilities.
The ideal candidate for this position is a person with experience working with individuals and systems that serve diverse populations. This position will be based at NHA’s office in Milwaukie and will provide services to seven of NHA’s affordable housing properties. This involves weekly travel to five properties in Multnomah and Clackamas counties as well as quarterly travel to one property in Marion County and one property in Polk County. NHA provides mileage reimbursement for travel at the federal rate of $0.545 per mile.
This position is full-time, non-exempt, with a schedule of Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Occasional evening or weekend hours may occur depending on programs and activities. Pay is $18.00-$20.00 per hour.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Link residents to resources and information as needed in order to stabilize their housing.
- Facilitate and assess community needs at each property to plan, organize, and implement on-site events and information sessions for residents.
- Build relationships with current residents and welcome new residents to the properties. Orient new residents to the RS program and the role of the Resident Services Coordinator, providing information and support in helping residents to identify barriers and gain access to local resources.
- Collaborate with property management and asset management staff on issues relating to resident welfare and community stability. Offer links and referral support when needed to maintain stable housing and prevent evictions.
- Identify, evaluate, facilitate, build, and maintain referral partnerships with local social service and resource agencies to help residents achieve their goals.
- Track and measure program progress. Maintain data on requests for services, community events and activities, and all other pertinent information.
- Work independently and in partnership with other NHA staff.
Required Qualifications and Abilities:
- 2 years of experience providing direct services to people experiencing homelessness or living in poverty, or a Bachelor’s degree in social science or a similar area.
- Valid driver’s license, positive driving history, and own reliable transportation with current insurance.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to complete assignments, find what needs to be done, and to get help when needed.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of program stakeholders verbally and in writing.
- Basic mediation skills that include listening, seeking common ground, and acknowledging differences.
Preferred Qualifications and Abilities:
- Experience as a driver with Project Linkage
- Experience with Salesforce
NHA offers a great work environment and an opportunity to work with a group of committed and passionate employees just seven miles south of downtown Portland. NHA provides a full range of benefits, including but not limited to the following:
- Excellent health coverage through Kaiser Permanente, including multiple medical and dental plan options; NHA contributes 100% of the cost of coverage for the employee each year, plus an additional $250/month if the employee adds dependents. Alternative care and vision included.
- 7% match after the first year of employment for our 403(b) plan with T. Rowe Price.
- Generous vacation and sick leave.
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave.
Northwest Housing Alternatives is committed to supporting a diverse workforce and does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other status protected by law.
How to Apply:
Please visit our Jobs Portal at https://nwhousing.sutihr.com/jobs or email your cover letter and resume to gro.gnisuohwnnull@ofni. The posting will remain open until May 31, 2019.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://nwhousing.sutihr.com/jobs →