The Office Manager is directly responsible for the efficient operation of the administrative functions at Northwest Housing Alternatives. The Office Manager provides or coordinates support to all departments and reports to the Director of Finance and Administration. This position is exempt and salaried. Employment is contingent on successful completion of a criminal background check.
Pay for this position is $48,000 to $52,000 per year, depending on qualifications. Benefits provided include health insurance through Kaiser, a 403(b) plan with 7% match after the first year of employment, and generous vacation and parental leave. This position provides an excellent starting point for a career in affordable housing–the past four incumbents have moved into professional positions at NHA.
NHA is a great work environment and an opportunity to work with a group of committed and passionate employees just seven miles south of downtown Portland. Our mission is to provide affordable housing to Oregonians with low incomes including families, seniors, people with disabilities, and people experiencing homelessness. NHA is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive environment and are actively seeking to recruit a diverse applicant pool.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES of this position include, but are not limited to:
Manage the information technology (IT) infrastructure for the organization including:
- Installation and maintenance of computer stations. Nine to twelve staff machines are replaced annually.
- Provide end user support, including troubleshooting software and hardware issues for approximately 40 workstations and shared laptops. Coordinate with offsite IT consultant as necessary.
- Educate staff on IT issues via quarterly brown-bag sessions.
- Research new purchases of software for general office use.
- Assist in maintaining databases.
- Company-wide Outlook calendars and contact list.
Manage office systems including:
- Maintain inventory system for office equipment with warranties.
- Provide user support for phone and copier systems.
- Arrange for necessary maintenance of phone and copier systems.
- Work with management in establishing and maintaining centralized filing systems.
- Explore options to increase efficiency and reduce costs within the office.
- Ensure that shared areas are kept tidy and professional.
Act as team lead and coordinate with admin team to ensure completion of projects.
- Work to develop and implement policies and procedures related to NHA’s equity goals.
- Assist with hiring process including posting jobs, scheduling interviews, and onboarding of new employees.
- Purchase office supplies, equipment, letterhead and special forms and implement a system for order tracking and maintaining a proper level of inventory.
- Open and distribute mail to appropriate individuals.
- Reception of phone and in-person contacts.
- Information referral for individuals seeking housing assistance.
- Plan events for staff and board recognition such as birthdays, anniversaries, departures and holiday gatherings.
- Plan and organize office events such as retreats, file days, volunteer activities or work parties
- Photocopy, prepare electronic copies and assemble documents for large grant and development project applications.
- Coordinate staff attendance and travel plans for conferences and trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Special projects to support individual departments including:
- Review, proof and final format of documents prior to mailing or distribution.
- Assist departments with mass mailings and other correspondence.
- Assist with assigned research.
Provide administrative support for board relations:
- Assemble and mail board packets, order refreshments, provide tech support, and take minutes at board meetings.
- Maintain organizational documents such as board rosters, board books, and other necessary archives relating to the organization(s).
- An associate’s degree plus three to five years of related experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to navigate a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and personalities
- Leadership skills
- Ability to interact professionally with co-workers, clients, outside agencies and board members
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Bilingual Spanish-English preferred — NHA pays a bilingual premium
- Self-direction and follow-though
- Interest in learning new skills
- Word processing and Excel skills
- Valid driver’s license
- This job occasionally involves lifting, carrying, stooping, and standing
To apply for this position, please email your resume, cover letter, and three references. The position will be filled as soon as the right candidate is found.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com