On-the-Move Community Integration is looking for our next team members who want to become Community Inclusion Specialists.
Our work is centered around individuals with developmental disabilities. The individuals we support drive the decisions and direction of each and every day.
Does this sound like you?
• I have a desire to create an equitable society.
• I can ensure the safety of others through good judgement and decision-making.
• I can facilitate conversation between two parties.
• I can teach life skills through creative, dignified support.
• I can model a commitment to health, wellness, and environmental sustainability.
• I can be described as responsible, reliable, and flexible.
• I can handle a good challenge and enjoy problem-solving.
• I have a fairly good understanding of the concepts of power and privilege, and what I don’t know I am eager to learn.
Joining On-the-Move means you become part of a team of unique individuals united and driven by our core values of social justice, diversity, inclusion, empowerment, personal health, environmental sustainability, and fun. We work hard because we envision a society that is prepared to include everyone.
The role: The Inclusion Specialist supports a small group of 2-3 participants at a time while navigating the community and engaging in participant-preferred activities. It requires the stamina to provide adequate physical, social and emotional assistance and direct personal care (i.e. using bathroom, eating, etc.). Driving is not required for this job because we take public transportation and/or walk to our destinations (Staff are provided with bus fare when working).
A must: This position requires passing a criminal background check and First Aid/CPR certification. Also required for employment: maintaining minimum competency requirements outlined during orientation, and complying with mandatory abuse reporting.
Pay/Benefits: $12.78-$16.02/ hr. Tri-Met Discount. Self-care program. Strength’s Finder profile. Medical & dental benefits available to full-time team members.
Interested? To apply, visit our website at http://www.onthemovepdx.org/employment
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.onthemovepdx.org/employment →