Deadline: Wednesday, February 21, 2018. We hope to fill this position as soon as possible.
To Apply: E-mail a cover letter detailing why you think you’d do well in this position and resume outlining your experience and qualifications. PUT ALL DOCUMENTS IN ONE PDF and email to gro.ctconull@norahs. Please include your name and “Marketing Associate” in the subject line.
The Marketing Associate is responsible for supporting OCT’s Marketing Associate and Communications Director as they implement strategy, integrate advertising, direct mail, promotions, web/email, and social media to promote OCT’s brand and to achieve sales goals for: 1) School field trip ticket sales; 2) Public subscription and single ticket sales: 3) Acting Academy class sales.
The Marketing Associate reports to OCT’s Communications and Marketing Director and will be a member of the Marketing Department, which is responsible for planning and implementing innovative approaches to audience development and engagement with the goal of increasing attendance, deepening patron loyalty, and advancing OCT’s brand. The Marketing Department oversees OCT’s broad communications efforts, which include brand development and maintenance, press relations, patron services, social media, playbills, and patron communications (such as e-newsletters). As a member of the team, the Marketing Associate will be called upon to provide support in these areas.
OCT’s office hours are Monday-Friday, 9:00 to 5:00; however, the nature of our work requires occasional work in the evening and on weekends, especially during the performance season. The Marketing Associate needs to be available for periodic evening and weekend assignments.
RESPONSIBILITIES (not inclusive)
• Assist in implementing year-round marketing campaigns for OCT’s five mainstage productions, three Young Professionals Company productions, annual subscription renewal and acquisition campaigns, school field trip ticket sales, and Acting Academy registrations.
• Produce content for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Engage with audience comments and respond to social media inquiries promptly.
• Manage print collateral from inception to distribution, meeting deadlines along the way, including writing copy, working with graphic designer, internal circulations, print and delivery.
• Collaborate with the Communications and Marketing Director to write press releases for upcoming productions and events and coordinate media events.
• Coordinate partnership opportunities with other companies and organizations.
• Assist with creating and manage implementation of pre-and post-show activities onsite in the theater lobby.
• Support the box office as needed with phone and in-person ticketing requests.
We will be looking for the following attributes and experiences:
• Experience in marketing and audience development is preferred.
A highly organized, self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects on fixed deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills, including strong writing skills.
• Works well in a collaborative, creative, team environment.
• Ability to work with and learn a variety of software applications, including the Patron Manager CRM system. Photoshop experience is helpful.
• Passion and ability to work with people in a variety of settings with a positive attitude and care.
• Adaptability and flexibility.
• Curiosity and eagerness to learn about the theater and the community we serve.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
• Passion for theater and the arts, strong sense of humor, and dedication to exceptional quality.
Oregon Children’s Theatre’s (OCT) mission is to create exceptional theater experiences that transform lives. We believe theater and storytelling can educate, empower, inspire, and entertain in remarkable ways. Our vision is that all children, families, and communities have opportunities to learn and grow through theater and the arts.
OCT is the region’s largest nonprofit performing arts company for young audiences. For 30 years, we have provided professional arts and arts education programs in Oregon and SW Washington. Over a typical season, we reach over 130,000 children and families through stage productions, school performances and residencies, and theater classes. Applicants are encouraged to visit our website (www.octc.org) to learn more about our mission and programs.
OCT is committed to building a creative and dynamic workplace that respects and celebrates individual differences and diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer, and strive to promote equity in our hiring practices inclusive of race, gender, national or ethnic origin, religion, class, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, and any other category protected by law. In that spirit, we encourage applications from groups who have been traditionally underrepresented in our field. Candidates who can contribute to our goal of advancing equity, inclusion, and diversity are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths and experiences in this area.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com