Title: Digital Media Manager
Status: Regular, exempt position
Reports to: Director of Communications
Salary Range: $43,000-$50,000 full-time equivalent
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Digital Media Manager is a key member of Oregon Environmental Council’s (OEC) communications, outreach and engagement team, responsible for managing, maintaining and developing the digital assets of the organization. From our website to our growing social media channels to email administration, and all other digital assets, this person will collaborate closely with key staff to ensure OEC maintains a productive and engaging online presence that supports membership growth and demonstrates the organization’s cultural competency and reach to diverse audiences (60%). The Digital Media Manager also provides internal graphic design support (20%) and helps keep our IT systems running (20%). The Digital Media Manager plays a core role in supporting OEC’s message and mission.
Digital Assets and Social Media (60%)
* Maintains and coordinates all of OEC’s digital assets including: software connected to the website and Salesforce CRM (customer relationship management), donation platform, petition and advocacy engagement programs, email management software, and all internal/external-messaging systems.
* Knows our digital audience and works to develop resources and creative opportunities for social media campaigns, including an overall digital recruitment strategy for sustaining our growing community.
* Assists in producing and scheduling clear and creative content, ensuring consistency in organizational message and voice that is culturally competent and reaches diverse audiences.
* Develops digital campaigns and ways to reinforce OEC’s message and mission through all platforms, in coordination with the communications, outreach and fundraising team.
* Regularly reviews analytics and adapts & informs team strategy for improvement.
* Maintains annual metric results and reporting benchmarks for the organization.
* Integrates SEO (search engine optimization) for website and all digital channels.
* Manages OEC’s Google grant, Google AdWords campaigns and GoogleOne app.
Graphic Design (20%)
* Designs and implements organizational and project-specific promotional materials that are consistent with our brand and mission.
* Conducts original graphic design and layout, working closely with staff and external graphic designers as needed.
Information Technology (20%)
* Coordinates Information Technology for OEC; working as needed with contracted IT professionals.
* Manages Google Admin tasks: calendar, groups, developing and managing users, maps, etc.
* Coordinates and trains new and current staff to OEC’s IT, Google platforms, Dropbox account, etc.
* Organizes technology administration trainings for staff as needed.
* 3-5 years related experience, plus 2 years demonstrated experience managing digital tools.
* Expertise in WordPress CMS, CSS, HTML, and email management software.
* Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud, especially: Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver.
* In-depth knowledge and passion for the digital and social media landscape.
* Strong organizational & project management skills.
* Self-motivated and solutions-focused.
* Proven ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic team environment.
* High School/GED
* Bachelor’s or advanced degree in digital media, marketing, communications or related degree.
* Experience working in a nonprofit setting with a mission-driven staff and board.
* Demonstrated interest in public policy, advocacy and a passion for environmental protection and social justice.
* Experience with Salesforce CRM database.
* Experience developing and managing multiple media platforms.
* IT management experience.
COMPENSATION AND AMENITIES
Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits include four weeks of paid vacation (three the first year) annually, and generous health insurance for employee and family. (Working with OEC)
Founded in 1968, OEC is a non-profit, non-partisan, statewide organization governed by a board of directors from throughout Oregon. Our mission is to advance innovative, collaborative and equitable solutions to Oregon’s environmental challenges for today and future generations. OEC advocates for impactful, lasting solutions that get at the source of Oregon’s environmental problems and have real benefits for people’s health and quality of life. These challenges include toxic chemicals in our environment, water pollution and scarcity, and climate change. We find common ground with a diverse group of stakeholders to create collaborative solutions that support social equity and a sustainable economy. To learn more about OEC’s commitment to and progress on justice, equity, diversity and inclusion, see our Partners and Diversity webpage and Social Equity and Environment blog.
OEC offers a collaborative, team-oriented, family-friendly and dog-friendly workplace that treats employees as the responsible professionals they are. Hours are flexible, benefits are generous, and laughter is frequent. For several years running, we have been the #1 non-profit to work for in our category in Oregon Business magazine’s “Best Nonprofits to Work For” list. You will learn a lot, laugh a lot, and feel great about helping Oregon communities become better, healthier places to live.
The position will be open until filled. Please email a PDF of your cover letter, resume and 2-3 work samples to gro.enilnoceonull@rnerak with subject line “Digital Media Manager.”
OEC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an e-mail to gro.enilnoceonull@rnerak or call 503-222-1963 to let us know the nature of you
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.oeconline.org/about/job-opportunities/ →