Title: Membership and Database Specialist
Status: Regular, non-exempt position
Reports to: Director of Development Services
Hours: 32 hours/week (Flexible hours, at least 4 days in office)
Hourly Rate: $17 – $18/hr with benefits
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Membership and Database Specialist is a key member of Oregon Environmental Council’s fundraising program. This role will provide essential support for our development team, and will be the primary employee responsible for maintaining data in the donor database (Salesforce), including: entering gifts (30%), recording contact information (10%), and managing lists (10%). This role will also support the fundraising team administratively by generating routine donor engagement materials (30%), updating benchmark reports (10%), and reconciling donation records with Finance staff (10%).
The Membership and Database Specialist will work as part of a supportive team within a well- established—yet dynamic—organization. The ideal candidate for this role will approach donor stewardship with sensitivity, positivity, professionalism, accuracy, confidentiality, and enthusiasm.
Logistics: The Membership and Database Specialist will work 32 hours per week (4 or 5 days each week, somewhat flexible within an established routine) in OEC’s office in NW Portland. This position has the potential to grow into a full time.
* Ensure the accuracy, integrity, and confidentiality of the data in the donor database (Salesforce)
* Accurately and promptly enter data related to memberships, gifts, contacts, biographical information, subscription lists, and campaigns (using manual entry and batch upload)
* Perform routine database cleanup and maintenance
* Help identify and implement ways to improve the accuracy and efficiency of software and processes
* Process and file all gift documentation including pledge forms, information about matching gifts, and workplace giving
* Ensure the timely recognition of gifts via mail and phone (generate and mail acknowledgment letters, call donors, and help organize volunteers and board members for thank-a-thons)
* Prepare new member welcome packets and other gift fulfillment
* Update existing reports and assist in creating new ones using Salesforce report tools, MS Excel, and Google Sheets
* Develop procedures needed to fulfill this role’s tasks efficiently and completely.
* Routinely interact with donors via phone and email
* Train new staff on how to use Salesforce
* Development-related administrative duties including filing, copying, mailing
* Actively participate in weekly Development and staff meetings (Thursdays)
* Occasionally provide back-up to Operations & Events Manager on select tasks
* 1-3 years experience in fundraising or administration at a nonprofit
* At least 1 year of experience working with Salesforce
* Aptitude with MS Excel
* Highly detail-oriented, organized, and able to meet deadlines
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Willingness to speak enthusiastically about Oregon Environmental Council’s work to donors
* Personable with good interpersonal skills, including a high level of professionalism
* Flexible and able to adjust to evolving job demands
* Ability to work independently
* High School/ GED
* Knowledge of the principles and practices of nonprofit fundraising, gift entry, database administration, and records management
* Familiarity using a Mac computer
* Experience using MS Office, Dropbox, and Google Drive
* Demonstrated interest in public policy development and advocacy and passion for environmental protection and social justice
* Associate or Bachelor’s Degree
COMPENSATION AND AMENITIES
Pay is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits include paid vacation and health insurance for employee and family.
Founded in 1968, OEC is a non-profit, non-partisan, statewide organization governed by a board of directors from throughout Oregon. Our mission is to advance innovative, collaborative and equitable solutions to Oregon’s environmental challenges for today and future generations. OEC advocates for impactful, lasting solutions that get at the source of Oregon’s environmental problems and have real benefits for people’s health and quality of life. These challenges include toxic chemicals in our environment, water pollution and scarcity, and climate change. We find common ground with a diverse group of stakeholders to create collaborative solutions that support social equity and a sustainable economy. To learn more about OEC’s commitment to and progress on justice, equity, diversity and inclusion, see our Partners and Diversity webpage and Social Equity and Environment blog.
OEC offers a collaborative, team-oriented, family-friendly and dog-friendly workplace that treats employees as the responsible professionals they are. Hours are flexible, benefits are generous, and laughter is frequent. For several years running, we have been the #1 non-profit to work for in our category in Oregon Business magazine’s “Best Nonprofits to Work For” list. You will learn a lot, laugh a lot, and feel great about helping Oregon communities become better, healthier places to live.
The position will be open until filled. Please email a PDF of your cover letter and resume to gro.enilnoceonull@rnerak with subject line “Membership and Database Specialist.” Applications received before 5 p.m., Friday, August 25 will be given first priority.
OEC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an e-mail to gro.enilnoceonull@rnerak or call 503-222-1963 to let us know the nature of your request.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.oeconline.org/about/job-opportunities/ →