Oregon Episcopal School is seeking a qualified, caring individual to be its Lower School library assistant. He or she will report directly to the librarian and will work actively with students, faculty, and parents providing and coordinating library resources for the Lower School. He or she may assume library responsibilities as required for short intervals. In addition to the qualifications detailed below, the successful candidate will possess enthusiasm, creativity, intellectual curiosity, and an inclusive spirit.
This is a part-time (.75 FTE), non-exempt, salaried, academic year position. It comes with a competitive benefits package, including paid sick leave, two paid personal days per year, 95% employer paid health insurance for the employee, retirement plan with generous employer match, and one excellent free meal daily.
- Assist the Lower School librarian in providing and managing resources for school community; including cataloging, processing, and maintaining new materials.
- Provide circulation and ready reference for students, faculty, and parents.
- Assist with the management of library programming, including author visits.
- Maintain bibliographic and patron records using the Follett circulation system.
- Supervise students in the library.
- Assist with maintenance of library schedule/calendar.
- Contribute to a welcoming and helpful environment in the library.
- Perform miscellaneous clerical tasks supporting library daily functioning.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS or equivalent four year degree
- Experience working elementary age children
- IT skills: general digital literacy, intermediate to advanced MS Office Suite, database skills, web applications including Google suite, ability to learn and adapt as digital tools evolve
- Current First Aid and CPR training
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
- BA/BS or equivalent four year degree in a relevant discipline
- Experience with library systems including databases, circulation, and online public access systems
- Understanding of and facility with cataloging tools; knowledge of library functions and processes
- Ability to maintain a warm, supportive library atmosphere in which all students can thrive
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Intercultural competence, ability to interact appropriately with families and colleagues from diverse backgrounds, ability to work effectively with diverse groups of students
- Ability to communicate effectively with and understand the developmental needs of Pre-K through fifth grade students
- Interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate and maintain collegial relationships with colleagues
- Primarily a library setting, ability to sit at computer and keyboard for brief to moderate periods
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds on a frequent basis
- Mobility sufficient to move about the campus as needed
- Ability to see, hear, speak to communicate with students, families and coworkers
COMPENSATION: Salary based on education and experience, plus full benefits
APPLICATION PROCESS: Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and completed application, available here: http://www.oes.edu/uploaded/contacts/application.pdf, to the attention of Lower School Librarian Lara Ingham at ude.seonull@rehcaetsl. Please note that application must be printed, signed, and scanned and sent by email or sent as a hardcopy to Oregon Episcopal School, at 6300 SW Nicol Road, Portland, OR 97223. Closes September 29. No phone calls please.
Oregon Episcopal School does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), disability, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristic or status.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.oes.edu/careers →