OHSU’s student health center, the Joseph B. Trainer (JBT) Health & Wellness center is seeking a part-time primary care MD/DO.
The mission of the Joseph B. Trainer (JBT) Health & Wellness Center is to support Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) students and postdoctoral fellows in personal health and well-being during their academic careers at OHSU. We work to provide exceptional and confidential primary and behavioral health care in our fully integrated clinic, located on the primary OHSU campus on Marquam Hill in Portland, Oregon. The clinic provides behavioral health care, primary care, integrative medicine (acupuncture and massage) and wellness programming.
Work Schedule, Hours, FTE, Salary Range:
FTE: 0.5 (Benefits Eligible)
Schedule: To be determined. JBT is open Monday-Friday from 8-5pm, with some days opening at 7am and some evenings closing at 7pm. Each provider is expected to work one late evening shift (until 7pm).
Salary Range: $160,000-180,000 (based on 1.0 FTE)
Location: Portland, OR (Marquam Hill Campus)
Job Type: Faculty
Functions/Duties of Position:
JBT Health & Wellness Center seeks a skilled Primary Care Clinician that will work with the JBT team to enhance access for patients, to ensure efficient use of clinic resources, to make appropriate use of external referrals, and to promote the overall mission, goals and objectives of JBT. The clinician will work with other members of the primary care and behavioral health team to provide continuity of care as needed. At the request of the Medical Director, the clinician may serve as liaison to other OHSU programs coordinating with JBT. This is a small team and the hired clinician will be expected to work independently and to feel comfortable providing consultation to other JBT primary care and behavioral health colleagues. There are occasional days when only one provider staffs the clinic.
The duties of this position include:
1. Clinical Activities – 95% (not related to teaching or research): Provide multiculturally competent direct patient care within JBT Health & Wellness Center; interpreting history, physical and clinical data to develop treatment plans and referrals as needed; reproductive health care including IUD insertions and removals and Nexplanon insertions and removals; minor dermatologic and sports medicine procedures; initial evaluation and treatment of behavioral health diagnoses; traveler’s health care; eating disorder evaluation and treatment; evaluating and treating acute and chronic illness; ordering labs and imaging studies as appropriate; and managing blood and body fluid exposures. Includes availability for on call and coverage duties in rotation with other JBT practitioners throughout the year.
2. Other Activities- 5% Attending CME courses, maintaining academic standing in department, reporting on courses and updates for other staff, attending clinic meetings, and participating in quality improvement efforts.
This position is under the direct supervision of the Medical Director of the JBT Health & Wellness Center. It is an unclassified faculty position and the applicant will be required to gain faculty appointment in the Department of Internal Medicine at OHSU.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity are encouraged to apply.
- MD or DO with completed residency training in Family or Internal Medicine
- Current licensure as required by specific provider governing board(s) and eligible for Oregon State license.
- At least 2 – 5 years clinical experience (post-residency) that demonstrates ability to fulfill responsibilities for the specific role
- Key cultural competencies: Creates an environment that acknowledges, encourages and celebrates differences.
- Functions and communicates effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities and cultural backgrounds. Seeks opportunities to gain experience working and collaborating in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings with a willingness to be flexible for continuing improvement. Adheres to all OHSU policies including those that prohibit discrimination and harassment.
- Demonstrated ability to satisfy standards of performance delineated by law and associated professional practice standards, the latter set forth as an addendum to the position description.
- Ability to manage heavy workload with multiple priorities and inflexible deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency in the use of computing hardware and software, including personal computing equipment, electronic medical record, word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Regular and consistent attendance at work
- More than 5 years clinical experience, post-residency
- Experience working in a Student Health Center at an Academic Health Center or institution of higher education
- Special interest and expertise in men’s health
- Proficiency in the following primary care services: family planning procedure and minor dermatologic procedures, urgent care and orthopedic experience, and behavioral health coordination.
- Experience using an Electronic Health Record, especially Epic.
This position will be an unclassified faculty position and the applicant will be required to gain faculty appointment in the Department of Internal Medicine at OHSU.
• Hours may vary.
• Frequent interruptions in an environment of frequent change and fluctuations.
• May be exposed to excessive auditory and visual stimulation.
• May be required to attend out of town conferences according to travel and reimbursement policies.
• May be exposed to body fluids, tissue, possible radiation exposure, and infectious processes.
• Subject to computer work for several hours, as needed.
• Able to use all appropriate patient care equipment and office equipment within work area.
Physical Requirements/Demands of the Position:
• Standing: On concrete, vinyl, or carpeting up to 4 hours per day and intermittently.
• Sitting: Chair or stool continuous up to 8 hours per day and intermittently.
• Changing Position: Intermittently, as needed.
• Walking: Intermittently up to 4 hours per day on concrete, vinyl, and carpeting.
• Carrying: Up to 50 pounds (supplies, equipment, books, papers, etc.) for intermittent periods and distances.
• Lifting: Up to 50 pounds (patients, equipment, supplies, books, etc.) intermittently throughout the day.
• Pushing/Pulling: Up to 100 pounds, intermittently throughout the day.
• Bending: From the waist and knees, frequently throughout the day.
• Reaching/Handling: Fine manipulation, repetitive, gross motor requiring full ROM in upper extremities, including overhead reaching.
• Twisting: All ROM required, intermittently throughout the day.
• Climbing: Staircase, intermittently throughout the day.
• Crawling: Infrequent but possible on vinyl or carpet surface
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or ude.ushonull@oeaa.
How To Apply – Apply Online
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://ais.ohsu.edu/OA_HTML/OA.jsp?page=/oracle/apps/irc/candidateSelfService/webui/VisVacDispPG&OAHP=IRC_EXT_SITE_VISITOR_APPL&OASF=IRC_VIS_VAC_DISPLAY&akRegionApplicationId=821&transactionid=1067635037&retainAM=N&addBreadCrumb=RP&p_svid=73703&p_spid=139766&oapc=6&oas=FRQDW5q-lX6wJ-Opp7uWmQ.. →