Our House is a non-profit organization serving people living with HIV. We currently have an open CNA/Caregiver position to work in our 14 bed residential facility. Our House’s philosophy is rooted in harm reduction and includes compassionate communication and the building of a strong sense of community to inspire people living with HIV to live well.
Responsibilities and Duties
This caregiver/CNA is responsible for direct resident care as well as environmental care of the facility on an as needed basis. The hours for this benefited position range from 20 to 40 hours a week depending on shift availability. The caregiver/CNA is given priority on filling open shifts on our monthly schedule. Min of 20 hours average per week to maintain benefits. Management will collaborate to ensure benefits are being maintained. The flex caregiver/CNA works with the LN as a team to ensure that all the resident activities of daily living (ADLs), including bathing, grooming, hygiene, toileting, feeding and mobility are met. Night shift includes some housekeeping duties.
Hours/work days: Variable possibly including weekends, holidays and nights.
Qualifications and Skills
- CPR Certified
- One year experience in professional care giving. Preference given to candidates with MHT experience.
- Basic computer skills and willingness to learn.
- Must be responsible, dependable, flexible, and have good communication skills.
- Motivated to work with persons living with HIV who require all levels of care and physical and behavioral health challenges.
- Knowledge of transfer techniques and body mechanics.
- Occasional food prep
- Must be able to lift 50-75lbs, push 21-50lbs, carry 11-20lbs, and pull 21-50lbs on an occasional basis. The job also requires occasional bending, crouching, grasping, squeezing and the use of foot controls as well as stair climbing and repetitive use of the wrists, arms, hands and shoulders. More frequents job requirements include twisting, walking and reaching above the shoulder.
Benefits include Insurance, 401K and generous PTO. Weekend, evening and night shift differentials. Opportunities for trainings and monthly yoga.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to gro.dnaltropfoesuohruonull@sboj
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com