About Partners for a Hunger Free Oregon:
We envision an Oregon where everyone is healthy and thriving, with access to affordable, nutritious and culturally appropriate food. We work to raise awareness about hunger in Oregon, connect people to nutrition programs, and advocate for systemic changes that end hunger before it begins. Learn more on our website, oregonhunger.org.
About this Position:
20 hrs a week, non-exempt. Hourly Rate: $18.25 – $18.75 / hour DOE. Eligible for health, dental, and vision insurance; retirement (IRA) 3% match; paid vacation, sick time and holidays.
The operations specialist provides support to the operations director, executive director, development director, and program staff. Activities and responsibilities will include data entry, scheduling, supply inventory and event planning support. This position reports to the operations director. This description does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- General office tasks
- Scheduling / calendaring
- Event planning support
Activities by area:
PHFO General / Administrative Support (35%)
- Supply ordering & inventory management
- Timesheets and PTO tracking
- Organizational calendar management .
- Printer supplies & maintenance
Fundraising / Development Team Support (30%)
- Donation entry into database
- Donation acknowledgement
- Event support
- Printing & materials support
Executive Director Support (25%)
- Meeting scheduling help
- Board and Oregon Hunger Task Force support
- General support for executive director
Program Team Support (15%)
- Materials processing support – mailings, printing
- Event support (ordering food, venue reservations etc)
Experience Requirements and Preferences:
The successful candidate will bring a deep commitment to, and passion for social and food justice, as well as:
a. One or more years of office or similar experiences, such as volunteering.
b. High degree of initiative and independent judgment, with the ability to anticipate needs, problem-solve and act in alignment with the organization’s values and priorities.
c. Experience with technology. Use of Microsoft Office, Google Apps, is highly desirable for this position. Bonus if you have used Salesforce or a similar database, but not required.
d. Sound judgment and discretion when handling sensitive or confidential information.
e. Flexibility to adjust to changing demands; demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with little direct supervision.
f. This position requires the ability to operate typical office equipment such as phones, computers and printers and to sit or stand at a desk for extended periods of time.
g. While not a requirement of the position, being bilingual or multilingual is a bonus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the office. The office is located on the second floor of a building with stair-access only, we recognize that this may present a barrier to some folks. Therefore, we encourage all interested applicants to apply and to contact us at recruitment(at)oregonhunger.org to discuss any accommodation needs.
Benefits and Schedule:
- Part-time, non-exempt, 20 hours per week with flexible scheduling
- $18.25 – $18.75 / hour (DOE) (bi-weekly pay periods)
- Benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance; up to 3% matched retirement (IRA); health & dependent care flexible spending account plan management; 3 weeks of paid vacation with annual increase; 2 weeks of paid sick time; 12+ paid holidays.
*** Application period closes August 29, 2019 ***
How to Apply: See full details online: oregonhunger.org/employment
Email a (1) resume, (2) cover letter, and (3) references with “Operations Specialist” in the subject line to recruitment(at)oregonhunger.org
In your cover letter, please answer or address these 3 areas:
1. Share your experience (lived, working, volunteering) with marginalized populations, racial and social justice, and poverty and hunger
2. Discuss your experience with the key activities of the position described above and other relevant experience
3. Answer the question: How does your identity, values, and/or life experiences relate to the mission of ending hunger in Oregon?
Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Statement
Partners for a Hunger Free Oregon is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our hiring, job advancements, internal operations and when considering the impacts of our work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, or any other legally protected class. People of color, from diverse communities, and/or people who bring personal experience of poverty are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://oregonhunger.org/employment/ →