Position: Executive Assistant to the President/CEO
Location: North Campus – 717 N. Killingsworth Ct., Portland, OR 97217
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
Reports to: President/CEO
Salary: $42k – $48k annual
*To be considered for this position, please follow the Application Instructions at the end of this job posting*
Job Summary: POIC + RAHS is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide a high level of support and manage numerous aspects of the President/CEO’s busy schedule including meeting coordination, material preparation, travel arrangements, and communication throughout and external to the organization. The ideal candidate prioritizes and communicates with a high level of professionalism and communicates challenges while also offering solutions. The Executive Assistant will work closely with the Board of Directors, committees, advisory boards and their affiliations as they relate to other relevant individuals, particularly the President/CEO. Also, commitment to communities of color, the organization and its mission, and commitment to excellence will be measurable, visible, and intentional.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage and maintain President/CEO’s schedule, ensuring he is prepared and on time for daily meetings.
- Keep the President up-to-date on agency activities.
- Prepares and proofread all internal and external correspondence, and various other documents as required.
- Greet visitors and determine access to President/CEO.
- When the President is unavailable, the Executive Assistant will be the key communication contact and is required to create a written record of all conversations with specificity and follow up as needed.
- Monitor all assigned projects and manage timelines.
- Maintain inventory and purchase office supplies organization-wide.
- Competency with computers and office equipment is necessary and will be used on a daily basis.
- Coordinate executives travel arrangements.
- Assist with coordinating and planning of special events.
- Research information and assist with preparing and delivering presentations.
- Ensure operation of office equipment, order maintenance when necessary.
- Prepare agendas and make arrangements, such as coordinating catering for luncheons for committee, board, and other meetings.
- Act as point of contact with the Board of Directors.
- Must follow instructions and give attention to details.
- Other duties as assigned by the President/CEO.
- 3+ years of administrative support at an executive level.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree is preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook, and Office 365.
- Very strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience monitoring projects and timelines while juggling multiple and competing priorities is required.
- Experience working with nonprofits and serving youth of color is desired.
- Cultural competency and experience celebrating diversity is a must.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to personal and professional growth and accountability.
- Experience organizing celebrations and event planning.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and adhere to high ethical and professional standards.
- Reliable transportation and valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including days, evenings, and weekends, to attend meetings, as needed.
- A passion for POIC + RAHS mission and serving at-risk young adults and their families.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit:
1. Personal Statement that includes:
a. Why you are interested in working for POIC + RAHS
b. How your skills and experience relate to this position
c. What you can contribute to our organization and the youth we serve
Please send your Personal Statement and Resume to gro.ciodnaltropnull@sboj with “Professional Mentor” in the subject line. Applicants who do not submit a Personal Statement that includes the requested information may be disqualified from consideration for the position.
We will be accepting applications for this position until July 5, 2019.
POIC + RAHS is committed to the success of youth at hope through the age of 25, providing the highest quality services in education, mentoring, family outreach, employment training, and placement.
- We believe all people have value.
- We believe all people can grow.
- We believe all people can contribute and build thriving communities.
Visit our website at www.portlandoic.org.
POIC + RAHS is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.portlandoic.org/ →