Position: Robotics Instructor
Location: PCC Cascade Campus
Hours: After school and weekends, full-time
*To be considered for this position, please follow the Application Instructions at the end of this job posting*
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Leads Robotics classes for high school level students.
- Works with mentors, administration, staff, professional volunteers, teachers, parents, team members, and parents.
- Plans and leads team meetings.
- Coordinates, manages, and oversees meals, attendance, transportation, trips, and tournaments.
- Ensures team needs are met on meeting and travel days.
- Ensures communication and collaboration with First Robotics Competition Representative, Community Sponsors, and parents.
- Maintains student records for grading and attendance for administrative reporting.
- Provides support and outreach for students needing additional educational support.
- Ensures safety and follows all safety protocol.
- Participates in weekly meetings with Senior Team Leaders to report personal attendance and progress.
- Travels to tournaments, tournaments, and other events.
- Maintains predictable attendance agreed upon by Senior Team Leaders.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Respectfully takes direction from supervisor/manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree or at least two years experience as a First Robotics Competition Mentor or a culturally related field.
- Minimum of three years of experience in Robotic building or LABVIEW instruction.
- Prior relevant experience with a nonprofit organization is desirable.
- An equivalent combination of education working with youth in culturally sensitive communities and experience which demonstrates the background necessary to perform the functions of the team organization with youth of color.
- A valid insurable Driver’s License and reliable transportation is required.
- Valid licensure to operate a school bus is preferred.
- A passion for POIC + RAHS mission and serving at-risk young adults and their families.
- Cultural competency and experience with Kids at Hope philosophy. Learn more about Kids at Hope: https://kidsathope.org/who-we-are/
- Very strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Respond to and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-starter, able to work independently.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships will all team members.
- Works cooperatively in group situations and demonstrable Leadership Skills.
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Displays willingness to make decisions or seek assistance when needs.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit:
- Personal Statement that includes:
- 1. Why you are interested in working for POIC + RAHS
- 2. How your skills and experience relate to this position
- 3. What you can contribute to our organization and the youth we serve
Please send your Personal Statement and Resume to gro.ciodnaltropnull@sboj with “Robotics Instructor” in the subject line. Applicants who do not submit a Personal Statement that includes the requested information may be disqualified from consideration for the position.
POIC + RAHS is committed to the success of youth at hope through the age of 25, providing the highest quality services in education, mentoring, family outreach, employment training, and placement.
- We believe all people have value.
- We believe all people can grow.
- We believe all people can contribute and build thriving communities.
Visit our website at www.portlandoic.org.
POIC + RAHS is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.portlandoic.org/ →