Portland Center Stage at The Armory seeks a full-time Individual Giving Manager who will oversee individual giving for the largest theater company in Portland and among the top 20 regional theaters in the country. The primary role of the Individual Giving Manager will be to identify, cultivate, and solicit gifts from new individual donors and nurture and encourage existing individual donors. They will work closely with other staff to create and fulfill the donor experience, from acquisition of new donors to stewardship. The successful candidate will have demonstrated fundraising success and high-level organizational skills to manage multiple projects. This is an excellent growth opportunity for a fundraising professional to work within a team environment toward collective goals while fulfilling a primary role in the organization’s individual giving strategy. This position reports to the Development Director.
- Conceptualize, analyze, and monitor cultivation strategies that may include face-to-face visits, direct mail, email and social media appeals, events, and planned giving.
- Oversee a portfolio of existing individual donors and identify new prospective donors to cultivate, solicit, and steward.
- Cultivate existing individual donors and encourage renewal and increased donor support. Collaborate with team on rating, solicitation and stewardship strategies.
- Communicate persuasively through personal visits, written proposals, appeal letters, the important case for giving to Portland Center Stage at The Armory.
- Responsible for a continuing program of donor acknowledgement, appreciation, and recognition.
- Participate in planning and staffing fundraising events.
- Use development software, currently Tessitura, to stay on track and keep other staff and solicitors on track and informed. Work with the Development Associate to effectively track prospects and solicitors.
- Work effectively with diverse constituencies within the organization and externally including board members, advisory committee members, staff and volunteers.
- Work with the Development Associate preparing research on each prospect to include wealth engine rating, subscription and giving history to PCS and other organizations.
- Work with the Development Associate to prepare financial progress reports for board committees and development staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Passion for theater and the desire to work in a creative and demanding environment.
- Two + years of successful fundraising experience in major and individual gifts.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, supported by ability to use technological tools.
- Must be able to represent Portland Center Stage at The Armory independently to potential donors and make compelling asks.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team and with great energy and persistence.
- Experience working with diverse constituencies.
- Proven organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and produce high quality results and on time.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong facility with fundraising software – Tessitura preferred – and in Microsoft Office.
- Access to transportation to visit with donors and prospects.
- Available for occasional work events on weekends and evenings.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- The work environment is in an office.
- The work hours are daytime with occasional evenings or weekends as necessary.
Salary & Benefits
- This position is full time, salaried, non-exempt.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Medical benefits, including health, dental and vision available 1st day of month following hire.
- Generous paid time off.
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer match.
- Complimentary tickets to PCS productions.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.pcs.org/inside-pcs/employment →