Application Analyst – Business Systems and Productivity Solutions
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09151
Location: Sylvania Campus
Address: 12000 SW 49th Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Friday
Position Status: Classified; Salary Level 26, Fulltime, Non-exempt
Starting Salary Range: $4,732 – $7,530 per month
Job Close Date: For best consideration apply by October 9, 2017
If you’re looking for an exciting and challenging technical job with great upside, we have one you should check into. At Portland Community College, the largest higher-ed institution in Oregon, we have an opening for an Application Analyst in our Enterprise Apps team. This group supports dozens of systems, with a diverse set of end-users, and has grown rapidly over the past several years. This particular job includes ownership of our college-wide Google environment, and focuses on ways to use Google Apps to support staff, students, and instructors.
Is this job for you? We’re looking for someone with strong leadership and technical skills, and experience with business process analysis, system integration, and application development. The Enterprise Apps team works in an exciting, fast-paced environment, and interacts with the rest of IT as well as end-users and technology vendors. If you enjoy, and are good at, the entire range of systems technology – working with users to understand their needs, identifying and implementing solutions, and supporting those solutions to meet additional needs – this job has it all.
At PCC your technical background will be important, but more important is the opportunity to continue to learn. Lifelong learning is important for technology leaders, and this job offers that opportunity in addition to using what you already know.
Needless to say, PCC plays a major role in Oregon in helping to make affordable college a reality. It’s nice to work at a place that is highly-regarded by the public and has a mission that for-profit, private-sector companies can’t match.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
8 hours of Sick Leave per month
24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year
11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
For a complete list of PCC benefits please copy and paste the following link into another browser http://www.pcc.edu/hr/benefits/
1. Leads project planning discussions and works with users and technical staff to determine appropriate steps for project completion. Manages active projects including updating status, and ensuring issues and action items are addressed.
2. Researches options for using and/or integrating third-party applications into the PCC environment.
3. Designs and develops application system modules based on approved requirements and completes appropriate testing of all components. Manages implementation and post-implementation production support.
4. Works dates for production scheduling, investigates infrastructure performance, performs application and database performance tuning, performs system integration, data archiving, designs and implements appropriate security and access control, and performs system monitoring.
5. Works closely with vendors and contractors to ensure third party applications and vendor packages operate as documented. Identifies roles and responsibilities for support, maintenance, integration and extension of vendor or contractor developed applications. May lead and/or participate in producing technical components of Request for Proposal (RFP) and Statement of Work (SOW) documents.
6. Provides consultation to departments and divisions regarding application system functionality and advises on best course of action. Performs feasibility studies for proposed solutions prior to product acquisition and development, and conducts pilot projects for system enhancements or new systems.
7. Designs and executes test plans, conducts testing activities and facilitates smooth implementations for system changes.
8. Develops standard and ad-hoc reports for user departments and TSS staff. Plans and develops data extracts based on user reporting needs, and facilitates access to the data through standard reporting tools. Supports and develops solutions for on-line forms and document imaging.
9. Participates in vendor user groups and technology/higher education conferences as a means for developing best-practice recommendations.
10. Serves as technical advisor and resource to application development teams. Facilitates training sessions for other TSS staff, and develops procedural documentation for system support and user functionality.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
We’re now posting this right above the Minimum Qualifications on our positions:
The education and/or work history sections of your online application form must demonstrate that you meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
– Satisfactory references and successful completion of the criminal background check are required to meet the minimum qualifications for hire into this position.
In the online application’s Education/Employment History sections, include jobs, duties, and dates that display these qualifications.
Associate’s degree in Computer Information Systems or related discipline. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis.
Three years of leadership experience in managing enterprise applications in a large information technology organization.
Knowledge and Skills
Contemporary multi-tier and web-based enterprise applications, infrastructure (e.g., servers, network equipment and connectivity)
Scripting and development languages commonly used for application integration, e.g., Java, Perl, shell, PHP
Databases, reporting, and production processing for enterprise application systems;
Project management best practices;
Application design principles.
Demonstrated Skill in:
Designing, developing, maintaining and updating application systems;
Defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions;
Leading and managing projects;
Communicating technical information to a non-technical audience;
Providing customer service.
Serve as technical resource to TSS staff and user departments/divisions related to enterprise application systems;
Recognize, minimize and resolve production problems;
Train users and technical staff;
Develop reports and procedural documentation;
Communicate effectively through oral and written mediu
*experience working in a complex technical environment
*project leadership experience
*successfully supporting change initiatives, such as new technology or new business process adoption
BUSINESS PROCESS ANALYSIS EXPERIENCE
*working with technical and non-technical users, to help optimize their use of collaboration tools
*administration of Google for Education or similar productivity and collaboration application platform, e.g.: Office365, Jira, Salesforce
*scripting or programming for systems integration
*data analysis and reporting tools
*enterprise application security (webmail, pop3, imap, sendmail, multifactor authentication, other industry standards)
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
*G Suite Administrator Certified Associate
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed responses to the (2) Required Questions from the Committee – scroll to see questions below – (attach document)*
2. Completed online application
3. Cover Letter (attach document)*
4. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either “Microsoft Word” or “.pdf” formats.
– Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
– This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Classified Employees (PCCFCE). Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction. Probationary period will be in accordance with Article 13 of the Classified Agreement. Current Classified employees are encouraged to review Article 15 for salary placement guidelines.
– Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Responses to Required Questions
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1082037
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://apptrkr.com/1082037 →