Campus Custodial Services Manager (Cascade Campus – Day Shift)
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09161
Location: Cascade Campus
Address: 705 N Killingsworth Street, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: Other
Position Status: Management; Level I; Full-time; Exempt
Starting Salary Range: $56,092 to $81,334 (see “Additional Posting Information” section for details)
Job Close Date: For best consideration, apply by October 9, 2017
Cascade Campus Day Shift – Monday to Friday, Hours to be determined. May require occasional evening work.
Under the direction of the District Custodial Services Manager, supervises the day-to-day custodial services operations at an assigned campus or center. The Campus Facilities Custodial Manager supervises the work of custodial staff to ensure a clean and safe environment for students and staff and compliance with applicable college policies, standards and regulatory agency codes. Coordinates immediate Facilities Management Services (custodial, maintenance and grounds) and campus response to issues or events affecting campus/center operations and serves as the principle Facilities Management liaison on-site for external contractors and vendors.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
14.67 hours of Vacation leave per month
1 day of Sick Leave per month
3 additional Personal Leave days per year
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
– Supervises the Lead Custodian, Maintenance Custodian and custodial staff for an assigned campus or center. Hires, trains, evaluates, disciplines and recommends dismissal of staff as necessary.
– Identifies employee resources and expertise and utilizes employee experiences and skills to plan, schedule, assign and perform custodial and other activities as assigned.
– Meets with staff at the beginning and end of the assigned shift. Conducts ongoing training and custodial inspections.
– Maintains an accurate record of shift attendance and ensures that employee time sheets are properly filled out prior to submission to payroll.
– Works with campus or center requestors to coordinate essential support at special events, athletic activities, banquets, department moves or changes, and/or other applicable events that effect the assigned staffing.
– Provides input and submits budget recommendations for district-wide custodial budget. Monitors and oversees campus expenses to ensure conformance to budget constraints.
– Participates in identifying, recommending and implementing opportunities for improved custodial services.
– Monitors, maintains and requests services, supplies, equipment and materials to ensure efficient operations of campus or center.
– Ensures that Service Requests are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and closed or referred according to department procedures.
– Perform other related duties as assigned.
In the online application’s Education/Employment History sections, include jobs, duties, and dates that support all of the following qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
Associate’s degree in business, management, public administration or related field. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Two years performing custodial and/or maintenance tasks, including one year in a lead capacity.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
– Supervisory principles;
– Standard custodial/maintenance practices, procedures and techniques;
– Applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes and/or statutes related to the use of cleaning agents, environmental/hazardous waste, waste management, and recycling policies and regulations;
– Inventory management principles and practices;
– Safety procedures.
Demonstrated Skill in:
– Supervising subordinate staff;
– Interpreting and applying applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes and/or statutes;
– Monitoring and maintaining inventory;
– Making minor repairs to building equipment and fixtures;
– Understanding basic blue prints and schematics;
– Resolving conflicts in an appropriate, constructive way;
-Managing projects within assigned parameters;
– Using applicable tools and equipment related to area of assignment;
– Implementing and monitoring policies, procedures and workflow;
– Working with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff;
– Utilizing computer technology for communication and data gathering;
– Communicating effectively through oral and written mediums; and
– Working as part of a team for consistent delivery of custodial services and to meet established standards.
Demonstrated success in managing a team of leads and custodians in a higher education environment or public institution setting. Experience managing in a collective bargaining environment.
Experience with Computerized Maintenance Software Systems.
Experience creating and sustaining a culture of teamwork and effective, efficient quality of service in a complex and/or large organization, preferably in a higher education environment or public institution setting.
Recent experience at a higher education or public institution successfully planning and implementing budgets, professional development plan, best practices, and improving customer satisfaction.
Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with demonstrated ability to communicate and work cooperatively with a large college community on all levels and backgrounds including diverse academic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of students, faculty and staff.
Demonstrated knowledge in applicable local, state, federal laws, regulations, guidelines and standards regarding custodial operations.
Demonstrated success designing and implementing “green” cleaning procedures and operational processes.
Demonstrated experience working with building maintenance, facilities operations, emergency management, sustainability, and energy efficiency.
Board Certification, such as: Educational Facilities Professional (EFP), Certified Educational Facilities Professional (CEFP)
Additional Posting Information:
Additional Posting Information:
– Normally the starting salary for new employees will be at the entry salary for that level, unless approved for advanced salary placement.
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed responses to the Required Questions from the Committee – scroll down to see “Required Questions” below – (Attach document)*
2. Completed online application
3. Cover Letter (attach document)*
4. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either “Microsoft Word” or “.pdf” formats.
– Upon hire candidate will be required to provide official transcripts for all degrees earned.
– Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
– Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
– As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Responses to Required Questions
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1095395
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://apptrkr.com/1095395 →