Print Center Graphic Designer
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09160
Location: Sylvania Campus
Address: 12000 SW 49th Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Friday
Position Status: Classified; Level 20; Full-time; Non-Exempt
Starting Salary Range: $3,437 to $3,511 per month
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
Under the direction of management, promotes the college’s programs and offerings to the general public through the design and production of advertising and publications. This may include brochures, posters, newsletters, displays, postcards, newspaper and magazine advertisements, the schedule of classes and catalog covers. Job requires well-developed verbal skills to present and exchange technical or complex information. Interactions occur with a variety of people including college administrators and staff, vendors and contracted photographers, writers, and graphic artists.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
8 hours of Sick Leave per month
24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year
11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
For a complete list of PCC benefits please copy and paste the following link into another browser http://www.pcc.edu/hr/benefits/
– Plans, Schedules and Coordinates all design projects in the Print Center
– Lead for all District In service projects
– Main Liaison between Marketing department and Print Center
– Operates equipment and performs production tasks to meet all design production deadlines
– Creates all design and marketing materials for the Print Center and Auxiliary Services.
– Provides office support such as answering phones and greeting customers
– The education and/or work history sections of your online application form must demonstrate that you meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
– Satisfactory references and successful completion of the criminal background check are required to meet the minimum qualifications for hire into this position.
Associate’s Degree in Graphic Design (experience performing the duties of the job may substitute for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis).
Three years of diverse design and production experience.
Must have knowledge of Windows and Macintosh personal computing systems. Must have thorough knowledge in the use of desktop publishing software (Adobe InDesign) and basic knowledge of other types of software used in the design and production of marketing publications (e.g., Photoshop,
Illustrator, scanning software, FileMaker Pro and Extensis Portfolio).
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Work is primarily performed in an office environment with some travel between buildings, and occasional visits to off-campus vendors. Involves tight deadlines, periods of heavy work flow and the need to make judgments amid the interruptions and distractions of an open office environment. Occasional need to work extended hours. Required to upgrade knowledge and skills as necessary to maintain state-of-the art proficiency. Exposure to video display terminals occurs on a routine basis.
Moderate lifting of paper and materials. Physical skills required to operate mouse-intensive publications software and to perform keyboarding functions. Operates scanner, laser printer, color ink jet printer, copier, and fax machine.
– Expert knowledge and experience in using Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, & The Bridge
– Expert knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office Suite.
– Experience designing and creating on both Mac and PC platforms
– Experience designing specifically for printing (i.e. setup files multiple-up on standard paper sizes, export print-ready files at proper print resolution, add crop marks and bleeds to documents, create and export documents to vendor specs.)
– Experience designing for web and mobile (i.e. export files at web resolution, create and export fillable .pdf forms, create and export ePub documents for use on Kindles/tablets.)
– Experience managing a hosted website (i.e. creating images and content, updating the pricing matrix in Excel, uploading content and Excel sheets to site, assigning price guides and attributes to various products, troubleshooting any errors that arise with our department IT team and college IT department and Webteam as needed.)
– Experience operating of Color and Black and White Production Copiers
– Large-format print experience, especially poster printing on Canons.
– Large-format finishing experience, especially lamination.
– Knowledge of display options that work well at PCC (i.e. pop-up banner kits, hanging banners, vinyl RTA lettering, window clings, tablecloths, A-frame kits, swag items.)
– Experience in a project management or similar role.
– Experience working directly with vendors to complete projects.
– Ability to troubleshoot/give directions in a calm and efficient way (i.e. how to save documents as .pdfs, how to insert a flyer into an email message at it’s original size, how to place an online order, giving options to fix files that are too low-resolution to print.)
When you apply, please be prepared to attach a document that describes how you meet the following Preferred Qualifications:
1. Experience designing and creating on both Mac and PC platforms
2. Experience designing specifically for printing (i.e. setup files multiple-up on standard paper sizes, export print-ready files at proper print resolution, add crop marks and bleeds to documents, create and export documents to vendor specs.)
3. Experience designing for web and mobile (i.e. export files at web resolution, create and export fillable .pdf forms, create and export ePub documents for use on Kindles/tablets.)
4. Expert knowledge and experience in using Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, & The Bridge
5. Experience in a project management or similar role.
Additional Posting Information:
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed responses to the Required Questions from the Committee – scroll down to see “Required Questions” below – (Attach document)*
2. Completed online application
3. Cover Letter (attach document)*
4. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either “Microsoft Word” or “.pdf” formats.
– Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
– This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Classified Employees (PCCFCE). Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction. Probationary period will be in accordance with Article 13 of the Classified Agreement. Current Classified employees are encouraged to review Article 15 for salary placement guidelines.
– Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
– As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Responses to Required Questions
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1092843
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://apptrkr.com/1092843 →