Programmer Analyst II – Institutional Effectiveness
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09157
Location: Downtown Center
Address: 722 SW 2nd Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Friday
Position Status: Classified; Salary Level 25, Fulltime, Non-Exempt
Starting Salary Range: $4,488 to $4,585 per month
Job Close Date: For best consideration, apply by October 5, 2017
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness (IE) at PCC is looking to welcome a new member to our team! We are a service-oriented team of professionals dedicated to providing data and information to inform College planning and decision making and to meet state, federal, and accreditation reporting needs.
The Programmer/Analyst plays a critical role on the IE team by applying expertise in programming and computer science. The Programmer/Analyst learns and works in an environment that is highly independent but guided by knowledge of system software, hardware and work processes. Regular performance of the following activities are expected: programming procedures to complex programs; redesigning of programs; developing program requirements and specifications; analyzing, designing, writing, and testing new programs and applications; and applying knowledge of programs to the context of a broad area or highly complex system.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
8 hours of Sick Leave per month
24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year
11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
For a complete list of PCC benefits please copy and paste the following link into another browser http://www.pcc.edu/hr/benefits/
– Develops, modifies, and maintains complex programs. Monitors the operation of assigned programs and responds to problems by diagnosing and correcting errors in logic and coding.
– Reviews user requirements and needs for new programming and performs analysis, design, implementation, installation, and training related to programming developed and/or acquired.
– Analyzes and plans reporting systems based on consultations with management and/or staff. Documents planning and establishes an implementation schedule.
Develops programs and procedures necessary to integrate and/or implement the system.
Tests system fully to determine its operational reliability.
– Communicates (verbally and in writing) with both highly skilled technical staff and end users who may have less understanding of IT terminology.
– Creates and maintains system to inventory existing and future IE code/programs.
– Initiates and leads projects from start to finish using sound project management skills.
– Supports (directly or indirectly) state and federal reporting file submissions and programs.
– Expands IE software toolbox through implementation of new software (i.e. Argos) including learning and using new programming languages.
– Develops data blocks and other file formats needed for software such as Tableau, Argos, etc.
– Carries out fact-finding and program analysis of problems; determines most appropriate procedures to resolve.
– Provides technical advice and support to users. This includes creating ad-hoc reports, data analysis and correction, training and problem solving.
– Serves as a technical advisor to IE team.
– May be a participant or member of various college work groups, committees, special interest groups or taskforces.
The education and/or work history sections of your online application form must demonstrate that you meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
– Satisfactory references and successful completion of the criminal background check are required to meet the minimum qualifications for hire into this position.
In the online application’s Education/Employment History sections, include jobs, duties, and dates that display these qualifications.
Associate degree in computer related discipline (relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis).
Two years experience in complex systems design, programming and systems software and support.
– An in-depth variety of programming languages; a spectrum of equipment and technologies in use (oldest to newest).
– Perform feasibility studies and programming analysis; determine alternate program design approaches and facilitate most effective solution to meet user needs; work independently and make necessary decisions throughout the systems process within department guidelines; perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively; communicate technical and complex information both orally and in writing; provide effective training/coaching to others.
– Work Environment and Physical Requirements
– Work environment includes typical computer related noise levels and paper and equipment generated dust. Exposure to video display terminals occurs on a regular basis. Learned physical skill is required for keyboarding and use of peripheral equipment. Moderate lifting occasionally occurs.
Please address how you meet all or most of the following Preferred Qualifications in your cover letter:
– Expertise in one of the following: PL/SQL, SQL, and/or SQR
– Work experience with enterprise-level data in a SQL environment
– Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
– Work or academic experience in a highly detail oriented position or subject area
– Demonstrated success learning and adapting to changing technology and/or work environments
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed online application
2. Cover Letter that addresses how you meet the Preferred Qualifications of the position (attach document)*
3. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either “Microsoft Word” or “.pdf” formats.
– Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
– This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Classified Employees (PCCFCE). Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction. Probationary period will be in accordance with Article 13 of the Classified Agreement. Current Classified employees are encouraged to review Article 15 for salary placement guidelines.
– Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1082725
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://apptrkr.com/1082725 →