STEM and MakerLab Coordinator – Sylvania Campus
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09150
Location: Sylvania Campus
Address: 12000 SW 49th Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: Other
Position Status: Academic Professional; Salary Level 4, Fulltime, Exempt
Starting Salary Range: $44,517/yr to $77,193/yr. Initial salary placement will normally be at Step 1. Advanced initial salary placement for directly relevant professional, business or industrial experience may be applied fo
Job Close Date: October 10. 2017
Under the direction of the Division Dean, the Coordinator of the MakerLab and the Sylvania STEM Tutoring Center is responsible for providing coordination and oversight of activities associated with the interdisciplinary Design Center of the engineering and manufacturing departments and STEM Tutoring Center.
Hours are: 9:30AM-6:30PM Mon-Fri, with occasional evening and weekend.
The typical quarterly break weeks and summer breaks can be high use times in the MakerLab and vacation will need to be scheduled around Center classes and summer camp-style sessions.
1.Coordinates and facilitates activities for the MakerLab. Develops and implements marketing strategies for services provided by the Center. Collects and evaluates data on the MakerLab usage. Develops and implements changes based on changing student needs.
2.Oversees the SY MakerLab and STEM Tutoring Center volunteers and casual staff.
3.Identifies and sources resources, equipment, and materials for inclusion in the Center. Purchases materials as needed and ensures materials are current and operational.
4.Coordinates with science, technology and engineering initiatives across the district, including tutoring and related support services, to optimize scheduling and coordinate administrative processes.
5.Designs and facilitates workshops. Delivers presentations to classes and businesses as requested. May teach credit and/or non-credit class(es) as assigned. May provide small group or one-on-one tutoring. Develops educational materials that correlate with classroom curriculum.
6.Fosters relationships with local K-12 schools, industry, non-profits, and state agencies as well as other PCC resources. Refers students to available PCC resources for further assistance.
7.Directs volunteers, peer advisors, and/or peer tutors. Processes appropriate human resource paperwork. Reviews and processes time cards. May hire, train, evaluate and discharge student workers. Facilitates resolving problems or issues between students, instructors, and/or counselors/advisors.
8.Facilitates student transition into the college environment. Supports occasional visits from high school students, high school science STEM teachers, and acts as point of contact with school partners who use the Center.
9.Monitors assigned budget. Plans and reconciles college expenditures. Allocates and disburses funds. Justifies expenditures.
10.Supports grant seeking efforts of faculty and administration.
11.Maintains a safe laboratory environment. Ensures compliance with OSHA rules and regulations and monitors regulatory changes.
12.Performs other related duties as assigned.
The education and/or work history sections of your online application form must demonstrate that you meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
Satisfactory references and successful completion of the criminal background check are required to meet the minimum qualifications for hire into this position.
Bachelor’s degree in Education, Applied Science, Engineering Technology, Art/Design, or related field. Experience performing the duties of this job may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Two years of experience performing duties related to the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
– Design processes and related fabrication technologies;
– Related programs, services, and resources;
– Effective office or laboratory coordination techniques;
– Effective marketing techniques;
– Transfer requirements to four year institutions and articulation agreements;
– Student assessment processes;
– Impact ethnicity, race, national origin, and gender have on communication and interaction;
– Budgeting principles;
– Federal, state, local regulations;
– General college policies and procedures.
– Leading, training, and coordinating the work of others in a team environment;
– Designing, writing, and editing promotional materials;
– Conducting presentations and workshops.
– Operate a variety of office equipment;
– Engage effectively with an ethnically and culturally diverse student population;
– Effectively communicate in oral and written form with a range of groups including faculty and students whose first language is not English;
– Collaborate with teams with members who have widely varied education and experience;
– Work independently.
– Preference will be given to applicants with additional education beyond the minimum qualifications in Education, Applied Science, Engineering Technology, Art/Design, or related field.
– Curriculum development experience and/or program development experience.
– Leadership or management experience, especially involving students.
– Demonstrated skills in the technical domains of the position (Laser etching, Arduino, Adobe CAD, 3D printing, etc.)
– Experience working in product development.
– Valid Oregon driver’s license and clear driving record.
Additional Posting Information:
“STEM and MakerLab Coordinator” is the working title for this position; the formal title in the PCC job classification system is “STEM and Design Center Coordinator”
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed response to the (1) Required Question from the Committee – scroll to see question below – (attach document)*
2. Completed online application
3. Cover Letter (attach document)*
4. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either “Microsoft Word” or “.pdf” formats.
– Initial salary placement will normally be at Step 1. Advanced initial salary placement for directly relevant professional, business or industrial experience may be applied for new Academic Professionals.
– Upon hire candidate will be required to supply official copies of transcripts for all degrees earned.
– Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
– This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Faculty/Academic Professional Employees. Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction.
– Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
– As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Responses to Required Questions
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1089556
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://apptrkr.com/1089556 →