Accounting and Office Assistant
Portland Farmers Market seeks an Accounting and Office Assistant to conduct a variety of accounting and office functions critical to our operations, and provide support to the Accounting/Office Manager, Executive Director and Board of Directors.
Part time position – Average annual of 20 hours per week. Required to work on Mondays and on Tuesday evening once per month. Fewer hours in winter, more in summer.
Pay and Benefits – $15 – $16 per hour, health benefits, 401(k), holidays & paid time off
Responsibilities include (see full description for details):
– Reconcile market activity including cash receipts for token sales, merchandise sales, and market vendor fee billing, track vendor payments
– Enter receipts for redeemed tokens, track and inventory token activity
– Various basic accounting, administrative and office support tasks
– Provide back up to Accounting and Office Manager
– Provide support to Director and Board, such as: data tracking, scheduling and taking of minutes at meetings
Requirements include (see full description for details):
– Two years of experience with each: cash receipts, billing and account reconciliations AND in an office environment conducting general administrative tasks
– Use of Microsoft Office Suite, money handling, attention to detail
– Strength at organizing documents and workspace in busy open office environment
– Clear yet friendly written and verbal communication style
– Experience with QuickBooks Pro preferred
See full description of the position responsibilities and requirements at our website portlandfarmersmarket.org
We Welcome Diversity
Portland Farmers Market is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all qualified individuals in accordance with the law without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, political opinion, sex, national origin, familial status, mental and physical disability, gender identity, source of income, disability or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law in all personnel actions including recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation, training, and termination. We will provide reasonable accommodation unless it creates an undue hardship on the operation of our organization. Any applicant needing reasonable accommodation should notify us as soon as possible.
How to Apply:
We look forward to seeing your cover letter and resume sent to gro.tekramsremrafdnaltropnull@tcatnoc by 5:00 pm on Sunday, March 11, 2018. Please put AOA2018 (for Accounting and Office Assistant) and your last name in the subject line.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.portlandfarmersmarket.org/about-us/careers-volunteering/ →