APPLICATION DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 17, 2019
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Executive Assistant to VP, Human Resources (R-19-2003)
This is an exciting time to join Portland General Electric. As Oregon’s largest electric utility, Portland General Electric is leading an energy transformation that will harness the power of clean and renewable resources on behalf of all customers. Our vision for a clean energy future relies on three interrelated and overarching strategies: decarbonize through investing in clean and reliable energy; modernize through a smarter more resilient grid; and empower our customers in their energy technology choices.
The Executive Assistant in this role will support PGE’s Vice President of Human Resources, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and provide a full range of administrative support to enhance efficiency and support the business goals of the department and the company.
Our ideal candidate is someone strategically focused, agile, with excellent administrative and diplomacy skills, and able to pivot in a fast-paced and confidential environment. If you’re someone who is super organized, a great communicator and negotiator with expertise in the art of managing an Executive calendar, this may be the job for you!
The successful candidate will have eight or more years in progressive administrative support and secretarial positions, or a related field.
A little bit more about the duties and skills needed can be found below in the attached position description:
- Communicates directly and on behalf of the officer with other officers, managers, staff and others on matters related to the executive’s priorities and views; maintains awareness of issues occurring in the environment and makes officer aware of those needing attention.
- Schedules meetings and appointments for officer; monitors schedule to keep officer informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities; researches and coordinates with staff or personally provides background materials to prepare the officer for meetings and events.
- Plans and executes all logistics for officer’s special events, meetings and off-sites, including reporting and troubleshooting problems with facilities, office equipment or furniture; selects, reserves and sets up venue and arranges catering; compiles and assembles participant packets and materials.
- Collects and consolidates data to prepare officer’s operating budget; monitors and analyzes expenditures and informs officer of variances and the reason for them; recommends adjustments in response to changing priorities and conditions.
- Put together reports and presentations as needed.
In addition to everything above, you will bring the following skills:
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint) and entering and processing data
- Advanced diplomacy, influence, and problem-solving skills
- Consistent use of relevant principles to solve practical problems and to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to adhere to set response times, deadlines and time-sensitive tasks
- Ability to respond and adapt to frequent change
- Ability to accept and demonstrate self-awareness when provided constructive feedback
- Ability to avoid future mistakes by applying reasonable skills to new but similar work situations or tasks
- Ability to successfully collaborate with peers, managers and others within the organization
- Ability to process new information to be applied consistently to work tasks
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R-19-2003 If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R-19-2003 →