Portland Public Schools is offering an excellent employment opportunity as a Business System Analyst providing technical and analytical duties for the PeopleSoft Financials system and related, custom systems within the Portland Public Schools Finance Department.
– Serve as Subject matter expert for Finance supporting the PeopleSoft application and the various Finance modules which are; General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Billing, Purchase, Inventory, Commitment Control.
– Participate in cross-functional teams within and beyond the department to assure smooth integration of data and information throughout department systems.
– Troubleshoot problems and issues of concern with overall system functionality and data output.
– Research, analyze, test, and document new functionalities of current applications.
– Work with the functional users in developing business requirements and work with the development team to test and implement changes.
– Write detailed requirements requests for modifications and programming with IT. Analyze and recommend business processes.
– Provide production support by tracking production problems and troubleshooting them to sustain application in production.
– Assist in managing system upgrades and enhancements. Create testing scripts/execute plans and document the system changes and enhancements.
– Optimize business processes through strategic analysis and enhancements; adjust documentation as needed as a result of any enhancements.
– Perform data extraction, data audits and report development in response to data requests from the Finance department and ensure data integrity which will include query maintenance.
– Conduct regular data audits and reconcile any audit findings; coordinate with appropriate functional teams to train them on appropriate submittals as needed to prevent repeat findings.
– Schedule and execute table maintenance, user permissions and system processes associated with Finance (e.g, application processing and related processes and prospect data management).
– Perform data entry as needed; lead or assist in the analysis and processing of data transactions, compile and validate data for dissemination and prepare and maintain a variety of reports, records, logs and similar items; establish and maintain related filing systems.
– Provide systems support to functional users, resolve systems and data questions and problems and elevate critical issues to IT, when necessary
The ideal candidate will have the ability to:
– Use a variety of technologies and software programs, such as Microsoft Office Suite, PeopleSoft, district payroll systems and other software programs.
– Quickly learn and understand the high-level impacts of custom-designed systems.
– Develop tables, databases, queries and spreadsheets.
– Work occasional evenings and weekends to for testing purposes.
– Accurately generate, validate and report on data; extract data from multiple sources, combine and manipulate data as needed.
– Construct and run moderately complex queries using SQL or other similar programming language or interface.
– Participate in, develop and provide user training; communicate technical research, data concepts and procedures to a variety of audiences.
– Learn, interpret and apply district, department and industry specific, procedures, functions and processes including collective bargaining agreements.
– Maintain current knowledge of software or system upgrades, usage, and data manipulation techniques. Stay current on industry specific laws, practices trends and information.
– Advocate, model, learn and implement Portland Public Schools’ Racial Equity Initiative and other board policies.
Assure efficient and timely delivery of program services, projects and activities.
– Maintain confidentiality and demonstrate discretion, initiative and good judgment.
CLASSIFICATION AND SALARY
This position is classified as Pay Grade 33 on the Non-Represented, Confidential, Professional and Management Employees salary schedule FLSA Exempt.
Salary Range: $81,620 – $97,459
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with a major in computer science, information science, business administration, accounting, finance, computer science, or related field. Work experience may be a substitute for a degree.
Three (3) or more years of experience configuring, maintaining, and analyzing ERP systems in support of Finance functions, preferably PeopleSoft. Demonstrated ability to deliver formal and informal training and management projects is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit our website at: http://www.pps.net/Page/2158 and select Job #20232
CLOSING DATE: This job is open until filled. Applications will be reviewed as received. Portland Public Schools reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any point during the posting period.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.pps.net/Page/2158 →