Are you looking for a dynamic position where you can create and develop systems, provide support to new and current employees, and jump-in and support unique campus projects? Then look no further, as Planning, Construction and Real Estate (PCRE) is looking for a talented administrator to fill a brand new position!
The PCRE Administrative and Engagement Coordinator will coordinate many of the administrative and human resource activities for the departments within PCRE, a group that includes approximately 150 full time and 150 student employees. We are looking for a self-starter who can problem solve, manage multiple projects simultaneously, develop systems and processes, and support department department and campus wide events and initiatives.
This position will coordinate all full time recruitments including editing, posting and advertising positions, following best practices for recruitment and retention, and manage many human resource related administrative activities for PCRE employees.
The position will coordinate engagement opportunities including the PCRE job shadow program, creating special events and training opportunities, and researching professional development opportunities for employees within the PCRE departments.
The person in this position will coordinate a number of administrative functions including creating, reviewing and updating policies and procedures, undertaking research projects, website management, event management, and assisting the Associate Vice President for PCRE in work with unions associated with bargaining, dispute resolution and grievance responses.
Reporting to the Administrative Services Manager for PCRE, the Administrative and Engagement Coordinator will join a small and dynamic team and will work in an open office environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources or a related field, OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in a human resource related role including recruitment, advising, training, and on boarding.
- Basic understanding of HR law, practices, and culture.
- Experience supporting a large program or organization, preferably in a University setting, including experience interpreting, writing, and explaining policies and other program documentation.
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for high-level administrative information such as collective bargaining and university strategy.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Successful completion of a background check.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.hrc.pdx.edu/postings/29398 →