Powell’s Books, the legendary indie bookstore and international tourist destination, is looking for temporary holiday help on our Powells.com Shipping (Fulfillment) Team!
We are a small staff of dedicated, book loving, shippers working together in an upbeat atmosphere to make holiday magic for Powells.com customers all over the world! Happily, we get to see all the books that our customers have ordered, package them up safely, and process shipments out the door.
Our Shipping/Fulfillment team:
· Works as a team! Each day will include a big team push that’s super satisfying to accomplish. High fives all around.
· Pulls individual books together to complete orders and stages them for shipping (it’s FASCINATING to see all the amazing books our customers order)!
· Wraps Gifts. Good news…books are EASY to gift wrap!
More to know:
· If you’ve worked in a warehouse environment before I’ve got good news for you; ours is very different!
· We expect folks to arrive ready to put in the work and hustle, however we don’t have scanners or ‘quotas’ unlike other retail warehouses you may be aware of.
· We allow one ear-bud while working (only one for safety and communication purposes).
· No uniforms or drug tests.
Shipping/Fulfillment experience is always nice, but not necessary. We’re looking for folks with a background in production, assembly, warehouse, sorting, store to ship, food service/expos, commercial kitchens, labs, order picking, etc. who are enthusiastic about shipping the magic of Powell’s all around the globe!
Holiday hours for the Fulfillment Team will be Monday – Friday from 8am – 7pm and 9am – 5pm on Saturday. We have several positions that will be 20 hours per week and one that will be 37.5 hours per week,.
The schedules are set (regular, won’t change from week to week) and we are looking for dependable folks that are available and committed to work through the holiday season (mid/late October – January).
There is free employee parking as well as street parking available at our NW Portland warehouse. The public transit to this area is covered by tri-met and the #77 and #15 buses stop directly across the street from the building.
Compensation for this position is $13.50 per hour plus a generous discount on merchandise and other perks!
to view the full job description and apply through our Careers website.
We are accepting applications Friday, October 11th.
Powell’s Books is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=POWELLS&cws=39&rid=1046 →