Powell’s Books, the nation’s top independent bookseller, is seeking a Delivery Engineer to join our DevOps team!
As Delivery Engineer you will be a key contributor in a highly visible and collaborative role with a focus on developing stable, scalable solutions to deliver software quickly, securely, and reliably.
This role will focus on building out robust and secure CI/CD tools and pipelines including build tooling and automated testing of our public facing ecommerce site and internal ERP applications.
The ideal candidate thrives in a transparent, collaborative culture where operations and development staff work diligently to deliver the best possible experience for our loyal customers.
A strong candidate will have:
• 3+ years’ professional experience in a technical role preferred.
• Experience developing and building DevOps automation tools.
• Experience working with scripting languages such as Bash, Powershell or Python.
• Experience with version control systems such as Git.
• Experience with cloud providers such as Azure, GCP or AWS.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues both verbally and
• Willing to participate in an on-call rotation.
• Experience with C#, .NET or other Windows-based languages a plus.
• Experience working with legacy code a plus.
The schedule for this position will be Monday – Friday, business hours. This position requires: Satisfactory results from a criminal background check, a valid driver’s license and must have and maintain a driving record that is compatible with company standards, and a willingness to participate in an on-call rotation shift.
The wage range for this position is $74,100 – $97,500 per year, depending on experience. We offer a generous benefits package, including a holiday bonus, health/dental/vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with matching contributions, childcare assistance, education assistance, paid time off, and generous employee discounts. Powell’s provides a casual yet professional work environment that encourages learning and professional growth amidst a community of book lovers.
Please include a cover letter that describes your skills and accomplishments that would make you a candidate for this position.
To view the full job description and apply through our careers website, click:
The closing date for this position is Tuesday, September 3rd.
Powell’s Books is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=POWELLS&cws=39&rid=1028 →