Powell’s Books, the nation’s top independent bookseller and international tourist destination, is looking for a full-time Bookseller Level III to join the team at our flagship location, Powell’s City of Books in downtown Portland!
Bookseller Level III is the most senior sales floor position, comparable to a retail keyholder position or shift lead.
Bookseller Level IIIs are responsible for fully upholding and promoting Powell’s customer service and visual presentation standards and are assigned complex responsibilities and projects that require strong time management skills, a high degree of initiative, as well as project management and operational skills. The Bookseller Level III provides leadership and mentoring to Entry Level, Level I, and Level II Bookseller staff.
We are seeking a Bookseller Level III for our Blue and Gold rooms at Powell’s City of Books. The subjects covered in the Blue and Gold rooms are:
Literature, Humanities, Small Press, Science Fiction, Mystery, Horror, Romance, and other genre fiction, Manga, Graphic Novels
A desirable candidate will have:
• Leadership experience within a retail setting (keyholder, shift lead, etc.).
• Subject knowledge of assigned sections.
• Exemplary customer service skills.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Demonstrated ability and interest in training others.
• Leadership skills necessary to lead, train, and mentor others.
• Superior initiative, follow-through, and accountability.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Superior communication/interpersonal skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
• Demonstrated love of books and reading.
The schedule is to be determined. Shifts could start as early as 9am and end as late as 10pm. Schedule will be regular (predictive, doesn’t change each week). Please include your availability details along with your application.
The wage for this position is $15.75 per hour and includes a very generous benefits package.
Powell’s offers a premium benefit package including top of the line healthcare, education, and childcare benefits, transportation subsidy, 401(k) plan, a generous discount on merchandise, and other perks!
to view the full job description and submit your online application.
Please include a cover letter with your application describing why you’re interested in the position and highlight past experience you feel makes you a strong candidate.
The closing date for this position is Wednesday, September 4th.
Powell’s Books is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=POWELLS&cws=39&rid=1034 →