Powell’s Books, the nation’s top independent bookseller, is seeking a Software Engineer to help our scrappy team level up! From owner to entry level, Powell’s is committed to developing our eCommerce and ERP products and we need your help!
We’re looking for a Software Engineer with:
• An advanced knowledge of data structures, the ability to objectively evaluate the benefit of introducing new technologies.
• An understanding of DevOps best practices and how applications can be designed to help reduce costs throughout the lifecycle of the application.
• An interest and ability to diagnose performance issues. As well as a software engineer who can analyze a problem that is not well understood and break down the problem into smaller deliverables.
• The ideal candidate thrives in a transparent, collaborative culture where operations and development staff work diligently to deliver the best possible experience for our loyal customers.
A strong candidate will have:
• Strong understanding of at least 2 back end languages (C#, Java, Python, Golang or Node.js).
• Experience with front end development and frameworks such as ReactJS, Angular or Vue.
• Experience with SQL databases.
• Experience facilitating a continuous integration and delivery (CICD) pipeline.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues both verbally and
• The ability to explain complex software engineering concepts to non-engineer stakeholders.
• .NET framework
• Entity Framework
• ASP.NET front end programming. Specifically, web forms and web control forms
• MSSQL and NoSQL database experience
• WCF services. Both writing them from scratch and configuring existing services
• Legacy code and decoupling logic and or services
• Agile and test-driven development
The schedule for this position will be Monday – Friday, business hours/flex time. This position requires: Satisfactory results from a criminal background check, a valid driver’s license and must have and maintain a driving record that is compatible with company standards, and a willingness to participate in an on-call rotation shift.
The wage range for this position is $85,000 – $117,000 per year, depending on experience. We offer a generous benefits package, including a holiday bonus, health/dental/vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with matching contributions, childcare assistance, education assistance, paid time off, and generous employee discounts.
Powell’s provides a casual yet professional work environment that encourages learning and professional growth amidst a community of book lovers.
Please include a cover letter that describes your skills and accomplishments that would make you a candidate for this position!
To view the full job description and apply through our careers website, click:
The closing date for this position is Tuesday, October 22nd.
Powell’s Books is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=POWELLS&cws=39&rid=1044 →