ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE! Please visit our career site to apply!
RAMP AGENTS @ PDX Airport NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED – TRAINING PROVIDED!!
Become a cargo aircraft ground handler!
We currently have a $300* Seasonal Bonus that we are offering to all employees who stay on until the end of the season.
AM: Tues-Fri 4:15 AM-7:15 AM Sat 5:00 AM-8:00 AM
PM: Mon-Fri 5:30 PM-8:30 PM, Sat 10:30 PM-1:30 AM, Sun 4:00 PM-7:00 PM
once fully trained extra hours are available and additional shifts are available!
Additional shifts once trained:
Daily 11:30 AM-2:30 PM
Mon 4:30 AM-7:30 AM, Thu 7:00 AM-10:00 AM, Sat 10:00 AM-1:00 PM
Additional hours also available during November/December!!!
Here at Quantem Aviation Services, we are a contractor who handles the loading and unloading of our customer’s aircraft. We marshal the planes in, set them up, unload/reload, wrap-up, and send them out. Most packages shipped on the planes are loaded into a ULD (Unit Load Device). We handle the movement of the ULDs on and off the aircraft and in and out of the facility. The ULDs are transferred onto dollies which are equipped with a roller system. As a team, we work together to control the flow of the ULDs throughout the operation as they may weigh on average of 3,000 lbs. So you must be able to push/pull and be able to lift in excess of 50lbs. In addition to the larger aircraft, we also load and unload individual packages to/from smaller aircraft (“Feeder Planes”) with the assistance of a conveyor belt to help transport the packages from the plane to the ULD.
We work in all outdoor elements, SNOW, RAIN, HEAT, WIND, and whatever else Mother Nature deems necessary for the season.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED Required.
- Valid US driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass all required background and clearance requirements.
- Successful completion of required airport and USPS badging process/fingerprinting and pre-employment drug screen is required.
- Routinely required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; speak clearly and hear efficiently.
- Employees must routinely lift and/or move up to, or in excess of 70 pounds (anything above 70lbs will be lifted with 2 people).
- Employees must have the ability to climb 15 foot heights for work.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Exposure to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Noise level in the work environment is excessive at times.
As a federal contractor we conform to all laws, statutes and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job postings. We are an equal opportunity employer.
keywords: airport / Portland International Airport / PDX / Cargo / Package Handler / Ramp Agent / Part time / entry level / no experience needed / ramp services / customer service / contractor / shipping / container / planes / servicing / airline / physical / outdoor / loading / security / lifting / communication / exercise / flexible / pushing / pulling / freight / airplane / safety / operations / training / management / badging / fast paced / night shift / training provided / second job / easy money / shorter shift / guaranteed 3 hours /
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://quantem.applytojob.com/apply/sAjY8MQ1mp/Ramp-Agents-AM-SEASONAL →