Job Summary: Make a Material Difference by directly contributing to RBC’s nonprofit mission to build equitable and sustainable communities through reuse. As a full time Donations Processing Specialist you are responsible for moving, cleaning, unboxing, assembling, repairing, researching, pricing and stocking donated materials in an efficient and orderly manner. The Donations Processing Specialist is essential to a more equitable and approachable ReBuilding Center through the focused rapid processing of incoming donations with the goal of consistent pricing, and quick value addition through cleaning and assembling. This position is ideal for someone who is a quick learner, is adaptable and enjoys hard work and a fast paced work environment that is also supportive, optimistic, and fun!
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
● Clean, unbox, assemble, repair, research, and price donated materials
● Stock and merchandise displays, consolidate material for space efficiency
● Move donated materials from the holding areas to the processing area
● Assist the driving department and special deliveries unload donations into the processing area
● Ensure an efficient flow of materials while maintaining a clean and tidy workspace
● Work side by side with volunteers on special projects and while carrying out day-to-day work duties
● Actively participate in and promote a respectful, healthy, resilient, and safe work environment by coordinating and cooperating with co-workers
● Enthusiastically participate in cross training opportunities throughout the organization
● Be attentive and responsive in serving the needs of our diverse community
Secondary Responsibilities and Duties:
● Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings.
● Provide on floor backup for Salvage Specialist in times of short staffing
● Assist customers, donors, and visitors by providing information, loading/unloading, providing accurate receipts for material donations, pricing, and stocking materials.
● Answer phones, as needed.
● Lift up to 75 lbs. safely throughout the workday, using ergonomically correct lifting methods.
● Strong interpersonal, communication, and conflict resolution skills.
● Able to treat all people with respect and provide a positive experience regardless of personal differences or
● Conduct repetitive movements including stacking, lifting, bending, and other related physical tasks.
● Ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities
● Work on concrete floors throughout the workday.
● Enjoy working in all types of weather.
● Enjoy working with diverse circles of people from varied backgrounds.
● Enjoy working with the general public.
● Expressed commitment to the ReBuilding Center mission
● Experience with architectural salvage, lighting repair and or sales
● Experience in estate sales, antiques stores or related occupations
● Experience repairing and/ or building furniture
● At least one year customer service experience with the public.
● Forklift certified or past experience
Eligible for holiday, vacation, and sick leave benefits, which accrue upon hire. The ReBuilding Center also offers medical, dental, life, and short term disability insurance coverage, covering the premiums for employees and providing a contribution towards the premiums for spouse/domestic partners and dependents, as well as the ability to contribute towards an employer-sponsored retirement plan. Employee discounts offered for purchases at the ReBuilding Center as well as discounts on classes through our Education program.
This is a full-time (estimated 40 hrs/wk position). Starting hourly wage is $16.00-$17.00; depending on experience.
Typical schedule Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:30pm
How to Apply:
Interviews will be conducted in December. Desired start date: January 2, 2020.
Complete the online application or drop off a hard copy application at 3625 N Mississippi Ave. No phone calls, please. More info at www.rebuildingcenter.org/careers.
The Rebuilding Center affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RBC places a high value on diversity with a strong commitment to achieving a diverse workplace.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc0gXLLe_rDmj-dMFUAwz-VqlwWJIy1DoO_JkNjjqloAixwNQ/viewform →