Reed College seeks an enthusiastic and organized person to be our next Administrative Coordinator in the Office of Alumni Programs and Annual Fund. The person in this role is our front line staff member responsible for greeting visitors and keeping our operation running smoothly. Our office is an energetic and exciting environment, with challenging fundraising goals. We are a talented and dedicated team who enjoys working together. This is a fun job!
This is full-time position. The work hours are 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, with a one hour unpaid lunch. Reed College offers an exceptional benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution (after one year of service), retiree medical plan, educational assistance for employees and their children, 22 days of paid vacation, 7 paid holidays, half-day Fridays in the summer and many other campus amenities, such as membership to the campus fitness center for employee and spouse and access to onsite daycare provided by Growing Seeds.
Pay for this position is $19.00 to $20.00 per hour.
WHO YOU ARE
- You care about details. You’re the person who catches the typos when you’re reading something.
- You’re not afraid of numbers and you are the kind of person who balances their checkbook.
- You are uber-organized.
- You have worked with Excel spreadsheets and can make Excel charts.
- You have been commended at work for being friendly and for exhibiting excellent customer service. Your glass is half full.
- You understand how critical fundraising is to nonprofit organizations like Reed.
- You’ll bring an important aspect of diversity to our team.
- You prefer a team environment. You don’t need quiet alone time to do detailed work without errors.
- You have at least three years of administrative experience and you already know you love admin work.
- Keep our office running smoothly. Help plan meetings and manage calendars.
- Provide admin support to the senior director.
- Manage three separate department budgets. Ensure that every expense gets charged to the correct budget. Provide the team with accurate budget projections.
- Use Excel to prepare analytical reports about the outcomes of our fundraising campaigns.
- Manage one or more student workers. Provide daily work assignments and approve time cards.
- Manage the office’s email inbox. Forward messages to the appropriate person. Ensure all emails are answered and none are forgotten.
Follow the application link to apply. You will be directed to Interfolio to create a free account and begin your application. A resume and cover letter are required. You can submit these documents in any format, but .pdf works best. In your cover letter please address the following:
- How would this position contribute to achievement of your long-term professional goals?
- Which professional accomplishment are you most proud of?
As you apply online, you will be asked to provide an answer to the following:
- All members of Reed’s community are expected to contribute to a diverse, equitable and inclusive campus. Employees who experience the most success at Reed are comfortable interacting with a diverse group of students, colleagues and community members. How would you use your skills and experience to contribute to community growth?
Applications will be considered as they are submitted, so you are encouraged to apply early. This position will remain open until we extend a job offer and it’s accepted. Estimated start date for this position is November 27, 2017.
Reed replies to every candidate. We will confirm that your application is received, and if you are not selected, we will let you know as soon as possible.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://apply.interfolio.com/46248 →