Reed College seeks a warm and capable person to be our next Financial Aid Assistant in the Financial Aid Office. The Financial Aid Assistant serves as the front office main point of contact, actively working to ensure a welcoming environment and seamless financial aid experience for students and parents by providing clear and accurate financial aid information by telephone, email and in person.
This is full-time non-exempt role. A full-time work week at Reed College is 37.5 hours and typical work hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday with a one-hour unpaid lunch. Reed College offers an exceptional benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution (after one year of service), educational assistance for employees and their children, 22 days of paid vacation, paid holidays, half-day Fridays in the summer and many other campus amenities, such as membership to the campus fitness center for employee and spouse, discounted Trimet transit passes and access to onsite daycare provided by Growing Seeds. Pay for this position is $19/hour.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a knack for explaining detailed processes to others in layman’s terms.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are a good listener.
- You have been commended at work for being friendly and for having excellent customer service.
- You are a creative and inventive problem-solver, not just a problem-identifier.
- You understand the importance of maintaining confidential information.
- You enjoy working in collaborative and creative teams but are highly self-motivated.
- You thrive in a work environment that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- You enjoy interacting with people who have different backgrounds than you.
- Assist and counsel students and parents with the financial aid application process, available financial aid programs and requirements, and student billing in person and via phone and email correspondence.
- Notify and request required documentation from students for file completion and eligibility determination
- Collaborate with various campus offices for a myriad of tasks, particularly Admission, the Business Office, and the Office of the Registrar
- Interpret and explain federal, state, and institutional regulations to students and parents to ensure compliant delivery of student financial assistance
- Maintain and ensure confidentiality of financial aid and other sensitive information
- Administrative duties, including but not limited to:
o Processing federal work‐study learning contracts, fee waiver requests, and loan changes
o Scanning documents, correspondences, and outside scholarships checks
o Downloading and importing electronic files
- At least two years’ experience working in an office environment in an administrative or similar role.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a financial aid office is a plus.
Click the link in this posting to apply. You will be directed to Interfolio to create a free account and begin your application. A resume and cover letter are required. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best. In your cover letter please address the following:
- How would this position contribute to achievement of your long-term professional goals?
- Which professional accomplishment are you most proud of?
As you apply online, you will be asked to provide an answer to the following:
- All members of Reed’s community are expected to contribute to a diverse, equitable and inclusive campus. Employees who experience the most success at Reed are comfortable interacting with a diverse group of students, colleagues and community members. How would you use your skills and experience to contribute to inclusion and community growth at Reed?
Reed College’s goal is to reply to every candidate. We will confirm that your application is received, and if you are not selected, we will let you know as soon as possible.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://apply.interfolio.com/49087 →