Reed’s public affairs office consists of a small team of strategists, writers, designers, editors, and web specialists whose primary goal is to advance the reputation of the college and promote the value of a liberal arts education. We work with clients across the campus—admission, development, student services, faculty—to concept, create, and produce print and web materials that tell the college’s story with integrity and clarity. Our primary audiences are prospective students, alumni, current students, and parents.
The Project Manager has two main responsibilities:
- Manage creative projects from start to finish—including scheduling each step and ensuring all members of the project have what they need to stay on track and in communication.
- Provide rigorous editorial oversight, including strong copywriting assistance and meticulous proofreading skills.
In addition, the project manager is part of a small, hardworking team and must be committed to both collaboration and carefully following a process.
Experience managing print and web communications and evidence of strong writing and proofreading skills are required.
This is a full-time, exempt position with a starting annual salary of $41,000. Reed College offers an exceptional benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution (after one year of service), retiree medical plan, college tuition assistance for employees’ children, paid holidays, paid vacation (22 days per year), and many other campus amenities, such as membership to the campus fitness center for employee and spouse.
Organizing and Scheduling
Set and run intake meetings; set production schedules; gather and organize materials needed to complete projects; assign tasks; and communicate with our team and our partners about the status of each project. (Requires using project management software.)
Copywriting & Proofreading
Brainstorm copy ideas, write catchy, persuasive, clever copy, and keep a thick skin in the face of criticisms and revisions. Act as an “eagle eye” for the college, flagging factual mistakes, typos, grammatical errors, and awkward phrasing.
Work with web developers, graphic designers, and writers on our team; work with fundraisers, admission counselors, faculty members, and college administrators as partners in moving projects from concept to completion.
Two years of work experience in project management and a proven ability to write, proofread, and edit content with various audiences in mind.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately in order to meet deadlines and fulfill obligations
- Skilled at collaborating effectively and building rapport with stakeholders and fellow employees
- Clear and concise communication style
- Adept at organizing and motivating others to execute tasks and meet deadlines with tact and diplomacy
- Must possess a system, process, and workflow oriented approach to executing projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional proofreading and content editing skills
- Highly interested in working in an educational, intellectual environment
To apply for this position you will need to create a profile and upload a cover letter discussing your qualifications and interests, and your resume. In your letter, answer the following questions:
- How would this position at Reed College fit with your long term professional goals?
- Of which accomplishment in your recent professional experience are you most proud?
- As all members of Reed’s community are expected to contribute to a diverse and inclusive campus, describe how you might use your background, education, or experience to contribute to diversity at Reed.
Applications will be considered as they are submitted, so applicants are encouraged to apply early. This position will remain open until filled.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://apply.interfolio.com/40824 →