Intellectual. Intense. Inspiring. Transformative. These are the qualities found in the alumni, parents and friends of Reed College you would work with every day as a Gift Officer in Reed’s Annual Fund. One of the most distinctive colleges in the country, Reed strives to provide students an extraordinary environment in which to discover their passions and pursue them with depth and determination. This environment is created in great part through philanthropy which accounts for forty percent of the annual college budget.
Reed College seeks a capable and collaborative fundraiser to join a seasoned, professional team. The Gift Officer is a member of the Annual Fund Leadership Team and reports to the Senior Director of Alumni Programs and Annual Fund. This is a fun job; Reed’s donors are fascinating people who care deeply about the college.
The successful candidate likes meeting new people; is both a patient listener and a skilled conversationalist; is able to travel monthly, is independent on the road and a strong team player when back in the office. Reed Gift Officers need to be inspired by aspirational goals and they need to be creative and persuasive in presenting opportunities to potential donors.
Reed College offers an exceptional benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution (after one year of service), retiree medical plan, college tuition assistance for employees’ children, 22 days’ paid vacation, paid holidays, half-day Fridays in the summer and many other campus amenities, such as membership to the campus fitness center for employee and spouse and access to onsite daycare provided by Growing Seeds.
Salary for this position is $58,000 to $62,000 per year.
- Manage a portfolio of donors by creating relationships with alumni, parents and friends.
- Make about 300 donor contacts per year.
- Create an annual plan and faithfully – and on a timely basis – execute that plan to qualify significant gifts while individual annual fund gifts are retained and upgraded.
- Solicit gifts of $1,000 to $50,000 by phone, mail or in person
- Use metrics regularly to assess your progress towards your goals.
- Participate as a member of the Annual Fund leadership team to meet overall fundraising goals.
- Collaborate closely with Major Gift Officers to cultivate and solicit donors.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least three years of experience in development or volunteer management is required.
- Front line development experience (i.e. direct experience soliciting gifts) is a plus.
Follow the provided link to apply. A resume and cover letter are required. In your cover letter please address the following:
- How does this position align with your professional goals?What are your long term professional goals?
- As all members of Reed’s community are expected to contribute to our diverse and inclusive campus, describe how you might use your background, education, or experience to contribute to diversity at Reed.
Applications will be considered as they are submitted, so you are encouraged to apply early. This position will remain open until filled.
Reed replies to every candidate. We will confirm that your application is received, and if you are not selected, we will let you know as soon as possible.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://apply.interfolio.com/42827 →