Rose Villa is a growing, non-profit Senior Living Community in SE Portland. We are seeking a part time Driver/Relief Receptionist to work 10:00am-2:00pm on Saturdays and 9:00am-1:00pm on Sundays. The schedule has some flexibility and picking up additional hours is a possibility. The ideal candidate will have a pleasant disposition and demeanor, patience, cheerfulness and will provide excellent customer service. Prior experience working with seniors is a plus but not a requirement.
Join a group of dedicated professionals where “teamwork” has real meaning, your hard work is rewarded and recognized, and everyone—including residents and families—contributes to our innovative, progressive, and inclusive Senior Living Community. Rose Villa’s mission is to support older adults to live the life of their own choosing.
Starting wage is $14.50 per hour. Part time staff are eligible to participate in Rose Villa’s generous retirement plan and match, have 24-hour access to the on-site fitness facilities and saline pool, and receive a discount at the on-site restaurants.
This position supports the transportation department by driving an electric golf cart (“surrey”) to transport Rose Villa residents and staff to various locations on campus and deliver items to residents, assisting them in and out of the surrey, helping the residents into their apartment by opening doors, carrying packages, and assisting with mobility devices as required. This position may also transport residents off campus using Rose Villa vehicles.
In addition to transportation support, this position provides customer service to residents and guests of Rose Villa. Much like a concierge, our reception desk is a primary point of contact and resource for a host of information and services. These duties will include:
- Assisting Reception Desk staff with special projects and temporary coverage for breaks and lunches
- Using a multi-line phone system to answer and route incoming calls and provide appropriate service to requests from residents, guests and staff
- Processing and routing resident communications via email, phone and notices placed in resident cubbies
- Provide effective and courteous service to residents, guests, and coworkers
- Must speak, read, and write English fluently to communicate with residents and follow directions
- Ability to read a map, use internet sources, and follow written or verbal instructions to locate various destinations outside of Rose Villa
- Transport Rose Villa residents and staff to appointed destinations safely and with the rules set by the State of Oregon and Rose Villa
- Operate a cell phone and a PTT device
- Experience and proficiency using MS Office
Must provide proof of a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check
- At least 1 year of customer service experience
Learn more about what it’s like to work at Rose Villa here: https://www.rosevilla.org/about/#careers
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://secure3.entertimeonline.com/ta/90523.jobs?ShowAllOpenings →