“Close enough” may be fine for horseshoes. But in the world of premium audit, precise adherence to rules and regulations is what counts.
As a premium auditor at SAIF, you’ll spend much of your time out in the field, helping employers better manage their records so that all Oregonians benefit from a fiscally strong workers’ compensation system. Numbers are a big part of the job. But so are people. Every day, you’ll have the chance to interact with businesses of all shapes and sizes—from mom-and-pop shops to major corporations.
To do the job well requires an in-depth knowledge of accounting principles and industry procedures. But you’ll also need excellent writing and speaking skills to build strong customer relationships and communicate audit decisions.
We’re looking to hire a premium auditor—to join our growing team. We prefer candidates with a strong background in workers’ compensation auditing. But we’re willing to provide training for someone with the right combination of skills and experience.
So if you’ve got a mind for numbers and a passion for helping people, you may be precisely who we’re looking for. Please apply today.
- Interview employers and authorized representatives to validate business operations; analyze business operations and customer business records to determine correct classification assignments for employees/operations.
- Examine employer payroll and other accounting records to substantiate employer payroll reporting and make necessary audit adjustments in accordance with applicable rules and regulations.
- Collaborate with schedulers to prioritize and schedule appointments for assigned audits.
- Communicate audit results to the business owner or authorized representative during the exit interview.
- Prepare an audit report for the underwriting services division.
Respond to questions and disputes pertaining to completed audits and testify at hearings when audit disputes cannot be resolved through other means.
- Perform new business surveys to validate correct classification assignments and proper payroll reporting; document and notify the policyholder of payroll reporting and/or classification changes.
- Act as a technical resource for policyholders, agents, and regional staff with regard to manual rules, audit regulations and procedures, and related inquiries.
The following qualifications are recommended:
- Five or more years’ experience as a premium auditor
Workers’ comp premium audit experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
Completion of APA 91 and 92 courses through the Insurance Institute of America
- Other combinations of training and experience demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the work
Work is generally performed at a customer site within an office environment and will also include tours of customer sites, which may include agricultural or industrial environments. The working environment is generally favorable; however there may be some exposure to various conditions such as noise, dust, or other factors.
Movement throughout multiple work locations in different buildings; frequent travel to regional offices or customer offices located in a city or town other than your assigned work location
Occasional overnight travel; valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record under SAIF’s policies and procedures, or the ability to arrange acceptable transportation for yourself
To receive consideration, please submit your SAIF Application for Employment by the close of this recruitment. We want your application to count, so be sure it’s complete and that you submit all the required materials.
Qualifying veterans and disabled veterans may obtain preference in employment by submitting the following documentation as verification of eligibility:
- A copy of the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214 or 215), or
- A letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs indicating receipt of a non-service connected pension
- Disabled veterans also must submit a copy of their veteran’s disability preference letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs, unless the information is included in the DD Form 214 or 215.
To be considered for preference, you must submit the proper documentation to moc.fiasnull@sboj by the application deadline.
This recruitment will close at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 13, 2017.
If a sufficient number of qualified applications are received this recruitment may close early.
SAIF Corporation is Oregon’s not-for-profit, state-chartered workers’ compensation insurance company. SAIF has been doing business for 100 years and is the leading workers’ compensation insurance provider in Oregon.
SAIF is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in its workplace.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://intranet-saif.icims.com/jobs/2203/premium-auditor/job →