About Solid Ground
The team at Solid Ground Consulting – six great people here in Portland, one in Vermont and other partners around the country – is connected by a common bond: We want to make a difference in our work with non-profits, government agencies, and businesses. It’s a desire we share with people in every corner of every community.
As organizational development, strategy, and leadership consultants, we’re on this planet to help others make a greater impact – by instilling greater confidence, by helping them expand their capabilities, by partnering to discover a clear pathway to achieve their goals. Within organizations, these are not small things: They often represent transformational changes that can make all the difference in the world.
We are guided by our own mission and values:
Build the capacity and confidence of leaders to make a difference in their communities.
- Intention – Act mindfully and help others do the same.
- Authenticity – Cultivate a strong combination of credibility, honesty, and goodwill.
- Quality – Do thorough work that makes a lasting difference.
- Integrity – Make thoughtful commitments and keep them.
- Good Business – Provide value to our customers and profitability to our company.
- Balance – Create work lives that fulfill us and complement our personal lives.
- Learning – Use every opportunity to learn and grow.
- Fun – Use every opportunity to smile and laugh.
Equity / Inclusion
Solid Ground Consulting wants our firm to mirror the communities in which we live and serve. We are committed to creating a multicultural workplace grounded in equity and inclusion, and we are committed to learning continuously and evolving as individuals and as a firm. In 2017, we started to engage in a year-long, transformative process to examine our internal culture and the work we do through an equity lens. We look forward to having our new colleagues join us and contribute to this important work.
About the Job
We are seeking a highly capable Executive Assistant to support the Owner / Principal of the firm. The Executive Assistant is an integral part of an energetic, growing team working on projects that make a difference in the community. This is a great opportunity for a serious – but not too serious – administrative pro! We expect a lot and have a lot of fun along the way.
- Support Principal’s needs through a broad variety of administrative duties, including complex travel coordination; calendar and task management; and office organization
- Work closely and effectively with Principal to help him manage upcoming commitments and responsibilities
- Anticipate and share Principal’s project management responsibilities
- Organize and maintain office files and client / project binders for Principal
- Assist with material preparation and notes following meetings, facilitations, and retreats facilitated by the Principal, including participation at retreats
- Communicate on behalf of Principal with clients and colleagues
- Provide some personal support to the Principal
- Demonstrated experience in a fast-paced environment supporting a high-level Principal
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite and comfort with software and office technology
- Direct experience with travel and calendar scheduling
- Demonstrated initiative, ability to work independently, adaptability and desire to be part of a dynamic team
- This position may require some travel including occasional overnight stays.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted and truthful; keeps confidences.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds rapport in different contexts.
- Detail Orientation – Pays close attention to the details and can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Communications – Is able to write and speak clearly and succinctly and get messages across in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- Social Justice Orientation – Is aware of different forms of privilege and oppression and how these affect others’ experiences, opportunities, and access to social power. Understands and appreciates the intersection of different types of inequality and how they affect people’s lives.
- Approachability – Is approachable; spends extra effort to put people at ease; is warm, pleasant, and gracious, sensitive to and patient with interpersonal anxieties of others; builds rapport well; is a good listener.
- Quality Focused – Delivers high quality products and services which meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Composure – Is cool under pressure; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Discretion – Uses good judgment and caution in disclosing sensitive or private information.
- Perseverance – Pursues their work with energy, drive, with a goal toward completion; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance.
- Planning – Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into process steps; develops schedules and task / people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
- Problem Solving – Demonstrates a natural curiosity, looks beyond the obvious, seeks alternative solutions, and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for the position is $60,000 to $70,000 annually based on experience. Solid Ground Consulting also offers a team-based incentive program, sharing our revenue equally among our team members. This position is full-time and includes fully paid health and dental benefits as well as short- and long-term disability benefits and generous paid time off program.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter in Word or PDF format. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. Solid Ground is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive environment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com