Looking for a Recreation Advisor to join this creative and talented team of individuals making a difference in the lives of young people. Springdale is a residential program for young adults, ages 16-24, earning their high school diploma or GED, learning career and technical training, and preparing for their careers. Springdale teaches independent living skills, offers positive and healthy leisure time choices, focuses on developing a positive learning environment and utilizing a trauma informed approach to wrap around student services.
The Ideal Candidate will:
* help to develop a healthy and diverse leisure time environment.
* work effectively with a diverse population.
* work with students using a strengths based approach to behavior management.
* have a passion for developing innovative and creative programming, with a special emphasis on arts and crafts, cultural, and community activities.
* Assist the Leisure Time Supervisor in planning and implementing a comprehensive and diversified program of recreational activities.
* Oversee, develop and/or implement on center recreation activities as needed.
* Supervise and transport students to off center recreation activities.
Implement the center’s arts and crafts, music, theater, game or sporting activities as needed.
* Maintain accountability for students; adhere to safety practices
Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent with two years recreation or youth related experience. Valid driver’s license in the state of residence with an acceptable driving record. Able to obtain water safety certification, CPR, and First Aid certification within 90 days. Training provided.
Benefits include company paid life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment, short and long term disability, employee assistance program. 401k match after one year of service and 100% vested. Over 12 medical plans to choose from. Company pays 73% of medical, dental, and vision premiums.
Apply on line at www.chugach.com/careers and select Chugach Government Solutions to be directed to the job search page. Job #OR010152. Position will be open until filled. Springdale Job Corps Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, veterans, minorities and persons with a disability are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.chugach.com/careers →