Since 1973 The Oregon Community Foundation (OCF) has pursued a mission to improve lives for all Oregonians through the power of philanthropy. We work with individuals, families, businesses and organizations to create charitable funds that support the community causes they care about. These funds support the critical work that nonprofits are doing across Oregon. We are a non-profit organization with 89 staff and headquarters in Portland, with regional offices in Bend, Eugene, Salem, and Medford, Oregon.
We have an opening for a full-time (35 hours per week, 8:30 – 4:30) Receptionist to provide an effective and consistent front desk presence for at our Portland office. The Receptionist is often the first point of contact at OCF and is responsible for greeting visitors, answering phones, processing outgoing mail, and other administrative support. This position reports to the Administrative Officer for Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reception Area/Front Office Administration
- Welcome visitors to the office in a professional, prompt and courteous manner
- Notify appropriate staff of the arrival of their visitors and the location of their meeting
- Answer incoming telephone calls promptly and courteously and route calls appropriately
- Answer inquiries about OCF from visitors or callers, or route them to the appropriate party for answers
- Maintain tidiness of front office and meeting rooms; have beverages available for guests
- Route incoming faxes to appropriate staff person
- Check incoming messages to OCF general email address and route to appropriate party
- Route deliveries to the appropriate staff person
- Prepare and complete daily outgoing mail (metering, posting and depositing in building lobby mailbox)
- Track and replenish available postage in postage meter; prepare and submit check requests for postage, maintain supply of stamps.
- Help create and position directional signage for visitors attending meetings
- Prep and/or secure office at opening/closing time
- Assemble, prepare and distribute weekly internal newsletter
- Update internal phone lists and distribute to conference rooms
Other Administrative Services
- Maintain meeting room calendars
- Maintain tidiness of kitchen daily
- Track office supply inventory, including FedEx supplies, and recorder as necessary
- Assist with distribution of supplies as assigned
- Assist with event registration and preparation (create and mail invitations or correspondence, track RSVPs, reply to event questions)
- Maintain basic donor information in the database
- Assist with special and ongoing clerical and administrative projects or duties as needed, including copying, binding, filing, preparation of materials and data entry
- Assist with printer and office machine maintenance
Requirements and Skills:
- Minimum one year of previous experience as receptionist, one year of clerical experience
- High School Graduate or G.E.D. Associate degree is desirable, but not required
- Prior experience in a nonprofit organization is desirable
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Excellent customer service skills that promote trust and confidence
- Professional demeanor and friendly attitude, works well with other staff members
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills – detail oriented, able to work independently, manage several tasks efficiently, able to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines; able to complete tasks in an accurate and timely manner
- Good working knowledge of office machines and systems such as database software, Windows, Word, Excel and Internet and experience working in a networked office environment
- Proficiency and moderate speed in keyboarding
- Good knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Work cooperatively with other staff members
In addition to the specific job requirements for each position, staff are expected to embody certain cultural values to support OCF’s mission: communicate effectively, value one another, demonstrate accountability, embrace possibilities, address conflict and take action.
Compensation and Benefits:
The pay rate for this position starts at $14.80, depending on experience. OCF offers an excellent benefit package with generous paid time off, choice of medical and dental plans, vision, outstanding 401k retirement plan, commuter and health savings accounts, employer paid disability and life. Our employees have access to an Employee Assistance Plan, paid volunteer leave, professional development opportunities in a supportive, engaged work environment.
The Oregon Community Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We strive to build a diverse workforce to promote effective work in partnership with all communities and population groups in Oregon. We welcome a diverse pool of qualified applicants.
We are accepting applications through May 16, 2018. To apply, visit our careers page at https://www.oregoncf.org/explore-ocf/careers. Upload a cover letter addressing how you meet the requirements of this position and include your resume. Only resumes with a cover letter will be considered.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.oregoncf.org/explore-ocf/careers →