Position Opening: Brand Activation Manager – VertueLab
Location: Portland, OR or Seattle, WA
Compensation: This is an exempt position and the minimum salary is $65,000 with the potential for a higher salary based on level of previous experience. We also offer a generous benefits package including medical and dental benefits, four weeks paid leave, 40 hours sick/bereavement leave, and employer match to 401(k) program.
To Apply: Submit the following to gro.baleutrevnull@ofni: cover letter and resume including a description of your experience developing a marketing strategy or marketing plan for an organization, and an example of your work product.
Application deadline: Open until filled. All applications received by close of business December 9th are ensured of receiving equal consideration.
VertueLab is a climate impact accelerator. We pioneered a groundbreaking approach that combines direct investment and entrepreneurial support so that new climate solutions achieve scale faster. We have the longest and most proven track record in this space since 2008 with over $7.3 million invested, with 44 companies reaching commercial scale. We are looking for a brand activation manager to round out our team and help us scale our impact. The Brand Activation Manager will report directly to VertueLab’s Deputy Director, Jo Brickman.
VertueLab recently underwent an archetyping process to further identify our brand voice and channel audiences. Our new strategy calls for us to be more vocal in telling the story of our track record and to ensure that we reach key audiences of the most promising cleantech innovators we can help, as well as potential donors to fuel that work. We are seeking a candidate who can lead us from that stage into a full marketing strategy implementing that voice.
The brand activation manager will have the opportunity to get in on the ground floor and play a critical role in making VertueLab stand out, expand our geographic region, add resources/capital for startups utilizing philanthropy and impact investing, and build community among our supporters. This role will generate pipeline leads from innovators and interest from targeted donor groups.
We hope you may be the one to join our team!
Some of the things you’ll work on include:
● Developing and executing a marketing plan that ties all marketing activity back to organizational goals and strategy.
● Maintaining our VertueLab brand for quality, consistency, and impact. Coaching staff on consistent usage of core messaging.
● Translating our mission, vision, and strategy into impactful storytelling in marketing materials and events.
● Keeping a “finger on the pulse” of the VertueLab community through ongoing listening and feedback loops, including gathering insights from outward-facing staff (particularly the Development Director and Portfolio Director), and using that insight to inform evolution of marketing plan.
● Developing and executing thought leadership and content strategy – Guiding ongoing development of messaging for VertueLab communications. Identifying and leading the delivery of the content that is at the intersection of what we need to communicate to our audiences and what our audiences are ready to absorb.
If you’re the ideal person for this position, you:
● Have a passion for climate action and shared prosperity through technology innovation and entrepreneurship
● Are a bridge-builder. You are an individual with a history of building relationships across a variety of working and thinking styles, with the ability to work both independently and among project work teams
● Are committed to being an awesome teammate that makes a positive contribution to VertueLab’s culture
● Have experience taking an organization’s vision and developing a comprehensive marketing strategy
● Have demonstrated that you can execute – defining and resourcefully navigating the detailed steps involved in getting from point A to point B
● Are a self-starter and are excited by a fast-moving startup environment, can pick up on new topics as needed and use natural curiosity for technology to be able to tell a story effectively
● Have the ability to translate complicated content into easily-digested marketing materials
● Have demonstrated the resourceful and effective management of external vendors together with your own and your teammates’ capabilities to accomplish specialized tasks critical to a marketing plan.
● Use analysis to unearth insights to fuel organization-wide decision making, and are able to frame those insights into new programmatic solutions that inspire the team and drive execution.
You should have the following skills or experience:
● Strong written and oral communication skills
● Experience in email marketing and lead nurturing
● Proven expertise in project management and cross-group collaboration
● Ability to re-invent and not just execute on status quo
● One or more functional skill sets that allows you to efficiently execute in-house, such as: graphic design, video editing, website development or other digital content development skills
● Ability to represent VertueLab confidently with diverse external stakeholders
Regional and some national travel will be required to represent VertueLab at events and to meet with partners.
VertueLab is committed to diversity in our governance, staffing, and programs and we are committed to offering an inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We recognize that not all strong candidates will demonstrate 100% of the skills listed above. If you think your skills and experience make you a great fit for this role, we hope you will apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com