Location: Portland, OR or Seattle, WA
Compensation: $70,000 – $100,000 taking into consideration experience and qualifications. Health insurance benefits and employer match to 401(k) program provided.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter and resume to gro.baleutrevnull@ofni.
Application deadline: Review will begin on February 4. Open until filled.
VertueLab merges innovation, technology, entrepreneurship, and impact investing to address and solve global environmental challenges. We are a conduit between promising cleantech companies and the donors and investors who empower their progress through support and access to capital. We are innovating alongside our portfolio companies by developing new impact investing models to fuel their growth and the tools to measure the environmental and social impact that their success brings. We are a 10-year-old 501(c)3 nonprofit that has been a pioneer in program-related investing in early-stage clean technologies and has developed a national reputation for our work supporting environmental technology startups and connecting them to investment and other resources. We are hiring our first dedicated fundraising staff member.
Our new strategy calls for us to secure donations, grants, and impact investments from individuals, family offices, and foundations to both support our programs and to capitalize an investment fund.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive fundraising plan, aligned with the organization’s strategic plan, with defined goals and timelines.
- Lead the execution of VertueLab’s fundraising activities, including being the lead point of contact with potential funders. Coordinate the engagement of the Executive Director, Board of Directors, program directors, and other VertueLab staff in support of fundraising goals.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of major gift prospects
Identify target foundations as prospective funders and coordinate relationship development between foundation program/investment leaders and VertueLab staff
- Steward ongoing relationships with donors and key stakeholders
- Contribute content toward the development of electronic and print materials that support VertueLab’s fundraising goals
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Program Directors to align VertueLab program value propositions with targeted fundraising asks.
- Given our focus on tapping into both philanthropic and financial services networks, we anticipate that successful candidates should have a nonprofit fundraising background, particularly in major gifts/donors, with a strong interest in connecting environmental sustainability to private sector business scalability.
Successful candidates will have all of the following attributes:
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and relationship management.
- Professional demeanor and ability to represent VertueLab with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to energize and motivate others to take actions to drive positive environmental and social impact
- Track record with personal solicitations and long-term philanthropic relationships
- Familiarity with the landscape for nonprofit fundraising (gifts, foundation grants, government grants, etc)
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and techniques
- Well-developed organizational skills, including the ability to create, communicate, and execute quarterly and longer-term plans
- Team player willing to take on new tasks in a dynamic environment that will help make the organization successful
Creativity, flexibility, initiative, and a sense of humor.
Bonus points for experience or familiarity with some of the following:
- Donor-advised funds
- Program-related investing
- Fund structures and terminology used in venture capital and angel investing
- The challenges associated with technology commercialization, especially for hardware/cleantech businesses
- Strategies being pursued by governments, nonprofits, and businesses to address climate change and other environmental challenges
- United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- Regional and national travel to events and to meet with prospective funders will be required.
VertueLab is committed to diversity in our governance, staffing, and programs and we are committed to offering an inclusive workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org