Volunteers of America Oregon is seeking a Clinical Director. The Clinical Director (CD) provides clinical leadership, direction and support to all clinical programs serving addiction and mental health clients within the Treatment and Prevention Division, including residential, outpatient, and home-based programs.
The position is responsible for ensuring quality, innovative clinical programming for the populations served by VOA Oregon. The CD oversees coordination of and implementation of appropriate evidence-based curricula with an emphasis on best practices for programs for justice involved individuals across the treatment continuum. The CD works collaboratively with various program management and staff to effectively integrate service components such as Medication Supported Recovery (MSR) and wellness services into the continuum. This position works closely with the Quality Assurance Department to ensure delivery of high-quality services, monitor fidelity of evidence-based curricula and compliance with Oregon Administrative Rules governing behavioral health services.
• A Master’s Degree in a behavioral health field and Oregon licensure is required.
• At least five years of clinical work including experience with co-occurring disorders, trauma, corrections, and residential treatment.
• Knowledge of Trauma Informed Care, Evidence-based Offender Treatment, and Recovery Oriented Systems of Care.
• Two years of supervisory work with clinicians serving at-risk populations and the ability to provide effective clinical supervision, including the experience and knowledge required to consult on complicated and challenging cases is required.
• Knowledge of ASAM and DSM-V assessment, individual, and group therapy is required.
• Experience with electronic health records systems is required.
• Ability to effectively oversee responsive, culturally appropriate clinical services to vulnerable populations in multiple programs.
• Ability to assess emergent client case management needs and provide appropriate consultation on intervention/referral is required.
• Clear understanding of trauma-informed care best practices.
• Knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively within multicultural and diverse socioeconomic situations.
• Excellent documentation skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written
• Conflict resolution skills
• Ability to develop and integrate clinical systems across programs.
• Must be able to pass a DHS criminal history background check.
• Reliable vehicle, an active driver’s license, current insurance, and ability to pass our insurer’s driving standards.
Schedule: This is a full-time position, Monday – Friday, and includes on-call availability some evenings and weekends as needed.
Supervisory: The CD supervises approximately 6-10 staff members.
Compensation: $77,025/year + (Depends on Experience and/or Certifications). Generous benefits package includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance; 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution; generous PTO plan and qualified employer for the Federal Student Loan Forgiveness Program.
Interested applicants must apply online at www.voaor.org/explore-careers
If you need assistance completing online application, please contact the Human Resources department.
For over 100 years Volunteers of America Oregon has become synonymous with compassion and care of our community’s most vulnerable population. We’ve earned our reputation through dedication and tireless commitment to helping individuals and families create safer, healthier, and more stable lifestyles. For as long as we’ve been around, our programs have been changing lives.
Volunteers of America Oregon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.voaor.org/explore-careers →