The Property and Services Operations Director is responsible for the administration, leadership, development, implementation and oversight of all housing operations including group residential houses, senior and low-income residential, multiple program offices and clinical facilities. This position is also responsible for the leadership of institutional and event catering services, property maintenance and the development, design and implementation of vocational training programs.
Working under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer, this position is responsible for negotiating and managing property leases, functioning as the liaison and internal project manager for new construction, preparing and managing project and annual budgets, and providing high level reports and updates to the CEO and CFO for the Board Finance Committee.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least five years of relevant experience preferred; equivalent training and education and minimum eight years of relevant experience may be substituted.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in property and facility management
- Minimum 5 years’ supervisory experience required
- Experience developing and managing budgets for multiple projects/programs required
- Knowledge of services and support necessary for facility maintenance programs
- Knowledge of principles and practices of contract development, negotiation and administration
- Knowledge of business management principles and practices including program analysis, budgeting, and purchasing
- Prior experience in catering sales and oversight preferred
- Prior experience with social service programs preferred
- Prior experience with grant writing and management and housing market studies preferred
- Well-developed project management skills to effectively manage and track multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize and meet stringent and overlapping deadlines
- Effective time management, decision-making and problem, solving skills
- Professional communication skills, both written and oral, and presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure with flexibility
- Interpersonal and cultural competence to work within team, collaborate with colleagues
- High degree of confidentiality and professionalism
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, specifications and codes and apply knowledge effectively
- Intermediate skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to cultivate and maintain professional working relationships with employees, community groups, regional organizations and community partners
- Must be able to pass criminal and background check.
- A valid driver’s license, vehicle and insurance and ability to meet insurer’s standard driving record requirements.
Compensation: Minimum $71,340/year + Depends on Experience and/or Certifications. Visit our career page for more details. This is a full-time position with benefits. Generous benefits package includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, 15 days of paid time off, 403(b) retirement contributions, flexible spending account, employee assistance program, and other voluntary benefits and discounts.
Interested applicants must apply online at www.voaor.org/explore-careers. If you need assistance completing online application, please contact the HR department.
For over 100 years Volunteers of America Oregon has become synonymous with compassion and care of our community’s most vulnerable population. We’ve earned our reputation through dedication and tireless commitment to helping individuals and families create safer, healthier, and more stable lifestyles. For as long as we’ve been around, our programs have been changing lives.
Volunteers of America Oregon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org