Volunteers of America Oregon is seeking a Property and Business Development Director (PBDD). This position combines property and construction management with leadership of several social enterprises and training programs that each generate revenue while providing opportunities for individuals seeking skills in order to start a career that will enable them to become self-sufficient.
Property Management: The PBDD is responsible for the management and development of all facilities owned and leased by VOA Oregon, including all group residential houses, senior residential, and multiple program offices and treatment clinics.
Working under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer, this position is responsible for negotiating and managing property leases, functioning as the liaison and internal project manager for new construction, preparing and managing project and annual budgets, maintaining records for each property, and providing high level reports and updates to the CEO and CFO for the Board Finance Committee.
Business Development of Social Enterprise Programs: This position provides leadership with an emphasis on business development of several programs, including: (1) VOA Oregon’s Catering for a Cause Program, monitoring profitability, developing new clients and expansion of a jobs skills training component, (2) Facilities maintenance department, which also includes development and operation of a trade skills training program, and (3) Vehicles Donation Program – managing a team that collects, records, and sells vehicle donations for VOA Oregon and other nonprofits.
The position requires initiative, flexibility and the ability to meet numerous demands and manage multiple properties and projects with minimal supervision. Regular communications with developers, brokers, architects, general contractors, public agencies, managers, board members and internal staff is required.
Education, Training and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance or related field preferred; equivalent training and education and minimum five years of relevant experience may be substituted.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in property and asset management
· Minimum 5 years’ supervisory experience, including training, required
· Experience developing and managing budgets for multiple projects/programs required
· Knowledge of services and support necessary for facility maintenance programs
· Knowledge of principles and practices of contract development, negotiation and administration
· Knowledge of business management principles and practices including program analysis, budgeting, and purchasing
· Prior experience in business development and marketing preferred. Food service management experience a plus.
· Prior experience with grant writing and management, and housing market studies preferred
· Well-developed project management skills to effectively manage and track multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize and meet stringent and overlapping deadlines
· Effective time management, decision-making and problem-solving skills
· Ability to read and interpret drawings, specifications and codes and apply knowledge effectively
· Marketing and business development knowledge and skills
· Professional communication skills, both written and oral, including presentation skills
· Ability to work under pressure with flexibility
· Interpersonal and cultural competence to work within team, collaborate with colleagues
· High degree of confidentiality and professionalism
· Ability to cultivate and maintain professional working relationships with employees, community groups, regional organizations and community partners
· Personal qualities of integrity, respect, caring, credibility and commitment to VOA Oregon’s mission.
· Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
· Must be able to pass criminal background check.
· Requires driving personal vehicle for company business. A valid driver’s license, vehicle and insurance and ability to meet insurer’s standard driving record requirements.
Compensation: Depends on Experience. This is a full-time position with benefits. Generous benefits package includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, 15 days of paid time off, 403(b) retirement contributions, flexible spending account, employee assistance program, and other voluntary benefits and discounts.
Interested applicants must apply online – include a cover letter and resume – at www.voaor.org/explore-careers
If you need assistance completing online application, please contact the HR department.
For over 100 years Volunteers of America Oregon has become synonymous with compassion and care of our community’s most vulnerable population. We’ve earned our reputation through dedication and tireless commitment to helping individuals and families create safer, healthier, and more stable lifestyles. For as long as we’ve been around, our programs have been changing lives.
Volunteers of America Oregon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.voaor.org/explore-careers →