Volunteers of America Oregon is seeking a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP). The PMHNP provides psychiatric care to a population of low-income adults with a broad range of physical, mental, behavioral, and social conditions. The responsibilities include psychiatric evaluation of patients, prescribing and managing medications, coordinating care with other staff within VOAOR’s continuum of treatment programs (Men’s and Women’s Residential Center, Outpatient Day Treatment, CPR, Moving Forward, Family Relief Nursery.)
- Active PMHNP license in the State of Oregon is required.
Must have full prescriptive powers in Oregon with a DEA number.
- Knowledge and experience providing PMHNP services to chronically vulnerable, high needs populations who are experiencing complex substance use and co-occurring disorders, mental health issues, chronic health conditions, involvement in the criminal justice system and homelessness preferred.
- Ability to accurately and concisely document client information using an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in multicultural and diverse socioeconomic situations.
- Ability to provide individual and group treatment within ethical guidelines.
- Clear, trauma-informed communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to collaborate and problem solve within a cross functional environment.
- Ability to provide training and guidance to students and interns.
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Reliable form of transportation.
Schedule: This is a part-time position of approximately 32 hours per week.
Compensation: Depends on Experience and/or Certifications. Visit our career page for more details. This is a full-time position with benefits. Generous benefits package includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, 403(b) retirement contributions, flexible spending account, employee assistance program, and other voluntary benefits and discounts
Throughout our over 100 years of providing services to the community, the name Volunteers of America Oregon has become synonymous with compassion and care. We’ve earned our reputation through dedication and tireless commitment to helping individuals and families create safer, healthier, and more stable lifestyles. For as long as we’ve been around, our programs have been changing lives. Some people say they can’t imagine doing what we do. We say, “We can’t imagine not doing it!”
Volunteers of America Oregon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.voaor.org/explore-careers →